Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed. note: This has nothing to do with passing the ball in the game.

I taught a friend of mine how to play back before Thanksgiving. In the first game I scored first, then he scored the next 2 times for the win. we played again right afterward and he just went ahead and scored twice to win. Every time we play, he wins. I've been playing this game for nigh on 6 years and I can't beat the guy I taught! Not once!

This weekend we played another game that played like our first game (basically: He Won Again!). Afterward we were talking about how enjoyable the game is (even though I'm a big fat loser), easy to learn, and quick to play. He mentioned how he wondered if other people he games with would like it.

Back in the days of KB Toys clearances, I picked up 4 copies of Battleball thinking I would pimp out the game or make a variant with different numbers of players of a given position. Seeing as how those copies have been sitting in the gaming closet for years (KB shuttered in 2008), I took a copy and gave it to him to spread the Battleball fun.

So now there's going to be even more people to beat me. Plus there goes the $7.99 I spent on the game, so I spent $7.99 to get my butt beat by more people.

Maybe I need to rethink this.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I even taught my *mother* to play and she whoops my butt every time... I feel your pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.