Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Mulinix
United States
kingston
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering what peoples experience was with this.

I got a 3200ct box of Magic cards that I don't need, care or want anymore. Figured I would sell them. Was thinking about doing it in clumps, figured it was easier/cheaper to do it that way.

Was looking at how people did it to figure out the easiest way to get it done.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had very good experiences with selling to them (not that I've done it a lot but the couple times I did it, it went smooth and easy).

I'd suggest that you pull all the Mythics and Rares and price them out, first. Sell those then sell the rest in bulk, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Norton
United States
Gardner
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking for credit for games or cash? If you are looking for cash, you may want to consider selling your cards to www.abugames.com . I've sold stuff to them multiple times and have had a great experience with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Mulinix
United States
kingston
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking at store credit, was planning on buying some stuff later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you contacted them yet about it? AFAIK they dont take massive unsorted sets of played cards..When I sold mine to them I ...painstakingly... deconstructed all my decks sorted by set and went through their buylist sorting out cards that were on the list then submitting the list. After that it was just waiting for a reply from them to go ahead and send the cards and I got my store credit a week or so later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sold to them for board game credit. I even picked up a card in a math trade here knowing what they paid, so it was as good as a gift cert.

They are great and you get a trade-in bonus if you just want credit. You do have to itemize your cards on their online form - not just sending in bulk as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold a bunch to them recently, and am very happy with the result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I cash out singles regularly to them for board game money - they pay well actually and they're really quick on the turnaround.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sold a stack of cards to CSI last month for store credit. Since my cards were already sorted by edition and in alphabetical order is was very easy for me to use their system to create a buylist. It can be a little confusing when there are multiple of the same card with different artwork, something to watch for. They did reject one card, which they sent back to me, and downgraded a couple others, but I was very happy with what I got for my efforts and how smooth the whole process was. I've already spent part of my store credit and am waiting for NEW games to arrive any day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sold to them before and things went well. You do need to make a list of what you're sending them through the site though - so yes, I'd just sell them any mythics/rares and bulk the rest elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.