Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary James
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I try to access BGG from home I get a message saying something like "There have been 1087 accesses from this IP address in the past 10.017656 hours. Please leave it 5.0456 hours before attempting again".

What's all that about? Even an enthusiast like me hasn't accessed the Geek that much, though it could be referring to a generic IP from my ISP I guess. How do I restore access?

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's counting EVERY visit to the site - meaning every Refresh, click of a link, opening of a geekmail, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will fix this.

I put this in to stop bots, but it's getting legitimate users too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie,
IMHO it's easier to control bots with a robots.txt file and a robots META tag (which you may very well be doing already). http://www.searchtools.com/robots/

or are there that many dirty robots out there that don't follow the rules that plaque the site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has happened to me 3 times in the last week. I just got back in now. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now Terri (xandryyte) and I are now having this problem at home. Terri was using GeekSpy, and that probably didn't help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
tpancoast wrote:
Now Terri (xandryyte) and I are now having this problem at home. Terri was using GeekSpy, and that probably didn't help...

I only used it for a little bit... cry Sorry, sweetie...
I also was on chat for a bit, reading a bunch of threads and catching up on werewolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garyjames wrote:
When I try to access BGG from home I get a message saying something like "There have been 1087 accesses from this IP address in the past 10.017656 hours. Please leave it 5.0456 hours before attempting again".

I've had this happen several times lately as well (including today). I disconnected and then reconnected my internet connection (i.e. new IP address), and had immediate access again. -max

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
This happened to me today; I was locked out of the site for about 5 minutes; it claimed the entire time that my IP address had visted the site 135 times in the last 8 or 9 seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.