BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Games that require scoring with counting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitry Volevodz
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm looking to make a helper application for iOS to help people with scoring in their board games. It isn't much fun counting by hand at the end of 7 wonders game.
I realize there are couple of applications like this, but I want to make a full and comprehensive app for many board games.
This is why I want your help, I want to make a list of games that could use help to count victory points and the like.

So far what I am aware of:

1. 7 wonders
2. Agricola
3. Puerto Rico

Please post the games that require victory point counting in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirkle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
Race for the Galaxy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Janne
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First which comes to mind:

London (first edition)

I know that there is uncountable amount of these - have some on my own collection, but as London was the latest one I have played with game-end counting, it was easy to remember.

Edit:
And of course - the ultimate one

Mahjong

Have in fact created an excel-spreadsheet to calculate this one - and after several "what if"-corrections it seems to work correctly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal
Netherlands
The Hague
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost cities?
Tikal
Torres
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Udvari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Café International: Das Kartenspiel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot even imagine how such an app could make scoring any faster, so it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

For most games, I suspect, giving the information necessary to determine the score would take just as long as simply adding the scores together "by hand". At least for me.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
I cannot even imagine how such an app could make scoring any faster, so it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

For most games, I suspect, giving the information necessary to determine the score would take just as long as simply adding the scores together "by hand". At least for me.

Bye
Thanee
Clearer though, but often custom made fields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Voley wrote:

Of the games that I own and have played, excluding co-ops, exactly 15 out of 30 require counting at the end of the game. I would guess that percentage might roughly hold for a wider selection of games as well. I'm not sure listing 5000 games here would be helpful to you.

I would propose that you create the app for the games that you play the most, or that you play and feel would be helped most by such an app. There is no shortage of other games, if it really ends up working well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Majin 19
msg tools
mb
So...you want to make a calculator?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EuroPeon
United States
flag msg tools
Please make an app where you take a picture with the phones camera of your tableau and your score is automatically calculated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Voley wrote:

About half of ever game I can think of. It's like asking "please post games that have dice in them".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Awesome
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Majin19 wrote:
So...you want to make a calculator?

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
EuroPeon wrote:
Please make an app where you take a picture with the phones camera of your tableau and your score is automatically calculated.

And make it work for Kingdoms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.