Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A local close out store has about 6 copies of this for $12.00 each. Should I bother picking these up? Of course this was last week, they're probably already gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Philippi
United States
Chico
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually its a great game. It is the first time this old Grognard has enjoyed RISK in 20 years. It is also a great gateway game for young kids (7+).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second a recommend. Smaller armies (so less of the massive border prolonged brawls), some decent cardplay, and the Order 66 mechanic keeps games nice, tidy, and relatively short--say around an hour-and-a-half to two hours.

If you're a Star Wars fan, I'd say it's a no-brainer. If you've ever enjoyed any of the Risk variants, I'd say you'd enjoy this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd grab at least one copy. It's a nice little Risk variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mixer
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Link for the win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to jump in. I would say PASS on this game, let me explain why. It does play better then Risk with the 'smaller' map and the cards add a nice touch, however, (and it's a BIG however), the Order 66 part of the game ruins it, and ruins it bigtime.

Once this is called, the Republic loses. No ifs, ands or buts. Most of the troops convert over to the bad guys, and alot of the more powerful cards become a 'can't play' for the Republic. We have played several times, and enjoyed the game right up until Order 66 is called for. Then it's just playing out the last few turns so the Republic can be wiped out.

There seems no way to balance this feature, and it takes the game from a fun time killer to a game with a 'broken feature' that kills the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say get it. I think it's a fun game (and in our group, the Separatists have a hard time *winning*).

And if you don't like it, look what happened to Epic Duels (the price went up dramatically after it had been out of print for a while). A playable Star Wars game is never a bad investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Voderberg
United States
Lake Mary
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for an investment, I would sell most as soon as possible.

Since Star Wars RISK- Original Trilogy Edition is coming out in a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.