Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei P
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the best way to print out custom boss cards in a way that they will blend with the rest of the stock cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
print on card stock...I usually go to a print shop. use like 10 or 12pt stock.

(once paper gets heavier than like 100lb, then it starts to be refereed to in pt sizes. don't ask me why. so you probbaly have like 80lb in your printer...and a birthday card is like 12pt card.)

...then when you start getting into your own Print and Play stuff, the real fun begins...gluing card stock to chip board. like wargame counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei P
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive never printer on card stock before... and never really printed at a shop.. only made copies at office depot... so if I go to Staples or something what do I tell them I want to do? And do I bring the stuff on like a USB stick? How do I ensure I get the dimensions right and how do you ensure that there is print on both sides?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanders
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk to the people at the print shop ... they should know what to do ...

Also, in my experience, small places charge less than chains, and will be more likely to know the best ways to do everything, and will be more willing and able to answer your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei P
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfchild wrote:
Talk to the people at the print shop ... they should know what to do ...

Also, in my experience, small places charge less than chains, and will be more likely to know the best ways to do everything, and will be more willing and able to answer your questions.

Perfect! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Office depot is fine, though as previously stated, probably more expensive. I use them if I can't get to anyplace better.
And the size will be what the file/PDF dictates. I doubt you need to tell them to print it "size as".

and now that you will enjoy printing professional on card stock, you boardgaming life will change forever

(man, when I used to work at a print shop...the tons of stuff I would print out,,,holy smokes).

conversely, at office depot you could buy your own card stock and feed it though your home printer...though I find the ink from a laser printer a little more water resistant than home bubblejet.

and when you're cutting these things out...steel ruler and blade...scissors suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's anothher recent thread here with some comments etc on this subject too.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/905935/printing-out-those-aw...

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.