Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trade Geeklist is located here for all the details, rules and to submit your games.

Key dates (all times are EASTERN TIME):

Submissions Open: Immediately!
Submissions Close: Sunday Jan 20 at 8pm (or whenever I get home that night)
Want Lists Due: Tuesday Jan 22 8pm
Results will be posted ASAP afterwards.

Trade Date & Location:

Where: Ramada Plaza, 7429 Lundys Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
When: Saturday Jan 26, 2012.
Time: 11:30am. There will be a designated drop off area where games can be dropped off anytime Saturday morning but must be picked up no later than 11:30a.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added my games, but not all of them. The OLWLG has been broken for so long in regard to setting the image of your version that I give up on fixing the image for half of my games.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that I set the trade to close submissions when I have full intentions of being at Ryerson playing boardgames at that time. I'll likely be home closer to 11pm tomorrow night and will close the trade as soon as I get home.

If this is a problem for anyone, please let me know today and I will come home to do it at 8pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Submitted my wants.

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
submitted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
submitted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we need to update when we submit our wants? I've submitted though I seem to keep going back and editting the order of my most wanted to least wanted games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The order of your most wanted games, if you're using the number field, is only there for your information and organization. There are different ways to prioritize trades, and I think there is a way for that inputted number to matter, but most math trades prioritize the number of trades possible first.

If you are changing the actual check boxes for what games you are willing to trade for, you would need to resubmit when you are finished making those changes.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

bholmes4 wrote:
Do we need to update when we submit our wants? I've submitted though I seem to keep going back and editting the order of my most wanted to least wanted games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I have it set that I will trade any of my games for any of my wanted games (all boxes are checked for all games). I am not being picky that way, they are no use to me if they are collecting dust. There are some games I would like more than others though. I thought that I could add a number beside each of my wanted games and that prioritized them in order of which game to trade for first, if given an option? Sounds like that won't work though.

Is there any way to "hedge" my bets so that I get the games I want first? I have never done this before but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the algorithm prioritizes the number of unique users trading, to increase the chances of getting a particular game, you would have only that game on your want list.

There is an option to allows the users to prioritize their wants (if enabled by the moderator), but in practice is has little effect. The priorities are used as a "tie breaker". Priorities cause a lot of confusion for new users and added effort for very little potential gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Well I have it set that I will trade any of my games for any of my wanted games (all boxes are checked for all games). I am not being picky that way, they are no use to me if they are collecting dust. There are some games I would like more than others though. I thought that I could add a number beside each of my wanted games and that prioritized them in order of which game to trade for first, if given an option? Sounds like that won't work though.

Is there any way to "hedge" my bets so that I get the games I want first? I have never done this before but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, if you submit like that, be aware that usually, you will probably get the thing that is the least valuable for each deal. You could get lucky, but since people tend to value things in a similar way, it's fairly rare that you will get the best want for a given item. So over all, take each pair and make sure that your answer to the question "If I gave this and received that, would I be sad/angry" is "no" for all your wants =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, due to the goal of maximizing the number of trades, if you are the only one willing to take a junky card game in trade, you are probably going to get it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I unchecked a few games from my better listings. I'd actually be happy trading them for any game I listed but I want to hold out for a few of my top picks on some of them.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are uploaded. I haven't taken a close look at them so please shoot me an email tonight if anything looks off. If I hear nothing tonight, or can resolve any concerns brought up, these will be official tomorrow morning.

Only 1 user didn't submit their want list. We ended up with 37 trades for 18%, a little lower than normal but explained by the smaller number of entries. Thanks guys.

There will be a table set up on Saturday morning until 11:30am where you can drop off and pick up your games. If you have any questions, please feel free to come find me in the gaming room. See you all this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thanks, Sara, for running the trade. Traded three games, getting two that I am very glad to have, one that's less interesting -- but it comes with coffee and muffin!

Glad I didn't trade all my games, as I don't know how I would have gotten them all there.

I'm leaving for Niagara tomorrow right after work, so if anything changes after I leave for work in the morning I won't be able to change which games I am bringing for the trade.

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a designated day/time that games will be sold there? There are a number of games that went untraded that I am hoping will be for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have received no emails, so no changes have been made and those results are official and final.

Please make sure you label the games you will be trading before heading to Niagara. A post-it note or masking tape won't mark the box, and it should say which game it is (in case it falls of), who the game is going to and who it is from.

See everyone on Saturday. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up that I won't be able to make it. But Kalex will be attending and conducting my trades.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lapsus wrote:
Just a heads up that I won't be able to make it. But Kalex will be attending and conducting my trades.

Cheers.

He means kaylex, me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaylex wrote:
He means kaylex, me. :)

Indeed! Thanks again =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to thank everyone for participating in this trade. There were a number of people at the convention who were asking about the trade so I definitely hope to see it grow in coming years.

The next Toronto area trade will be on Saturday March 9, 2013 so subscribe to the TabsCon Math Trade Discussion Thread or mark these dates on your calendar now to make sure you don't miss out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.