Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pls be reminded that some tokens are used in future scenario only. Tokens like fleets, gnoll units, gnoll heroes are not used in the base game. The gold tokens are also optional. Usually players will spend all income in each turn, so there is no need for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a couple of games, I found the new native combat system makes the game running much smoother. It also creates some interesting strategies. Now natives lose one marker (i.e. two units) & retreat automatically if attacked by a larger force. The retreating orcs may creative another frenzy stack. You may use this chain of frenzy attacks to drive the orcs towards another player's territory. So a large army is essential to scare the natives. You don't need expensive troops like knights or paladdins. The more expensive troops are reserved for player vs player battles only.

Another tip is to build outposts in front lines asap. Outpost is cheap ($2 each) but can increase the garrison capacity from 4 to 8. Usually a frenzy native attack will contain three markers (since they need to leave one marker in own space). So a fully occupied outpost of 8 units can avoid most frenzy attacks since frenzy natives attack stack of least units only. They never attack a stack of larger force.

Another interesting found is the dragon attack. In one game, the fearsome dragon devoured all dwarves in their castle. (This reminds me of the new movie "Hobbit". (Why dwarves are always the first to be eliminated?) Now the dragon stays in the empty castle until the next dragon attack event. When I marched an army trying to take the empty castle, I realized that the hungry dragon will devour ten units in the castle each turn. I have no choice but wait for the dragon to leave since my hero (the king) is too weak. Fortunately, another player sent a champion hero to challenge the dragon. With a lucky roll, the dragon was slain. That player scored 2 VPs for slaying the dragon but I also got two easy VPs simply by marching my small army into the castle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.