Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Who games around the St George area on Friday/Saturday? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Walker
msg tools
Hi, I'm new. I've always wanted to play some board games but growing up in a small town and not having a car made that kind of difficult.

Anyway, I work midnight shifts and Sunday is a bit of a non-starter for me, but I was hoping some gaming on Friday and Saturday might be possible if there's anything local.

Are there any organised groups that fill the need, or people who have small game nights at their house that I could tag along to? Would love to go along to something local and finally fulfil something I've wanted to do for ages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alex,

My group meets in Randwick on Tuesday nights, which isn't much use to you, but good luck in finding a group and welcome to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whale
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you can wrangle an occasional Monday, but the Southside Boardgamers meet in Carlton every fortnight. And I only hear good reports.

Turn up one week, and even if you need to leave early, at the very least you have met some local gamers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest C
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the plug Chris!

Alex, we'd love to have you join us some time. Don't know if it fits your work schedule. Otherwise, some of the people in our group occasionally host something at their house.

Jaime is also opening a game shop in Hurstville, so there should be opportunities to play in-store as well. Opening date and location have yet to be posted, but I know it's supposed to be soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmb
Peccavi wrote:
Thanks for the plug Chris!

Alex, we'd love to have you join us some time. Don't know if it fits your work schedule. Otherwise, some of the people in our group occasionally host something at their house.

Jaime is also opening a game shop in Hurstville, so there should be opportunities to play in-store as well. Opening date and location have yet to be posted, but I know it's supposed to be soon.

Thanks for the plug, Ernest!

I do love games and the store is open late. Drop in and say hi once we're up and running!

http://www.goodgames.com.au/stores/Good-Games-Hurstville

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Walker
msg tools
Thanks so much for your replies everyone!

I've emailed the Hurstville GG store; they don't open until next week sadly, because I've got a real hunkering for tonight.

Meeting up on a Monday night unfortunately is a no-go for me, since the whole "leaving for work at 9pm" really kills that.

And apparently there's a major board game convention on this weekend too. Welp.

Still, there'll be other times I guess! Still looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.