Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim maher
Ireland
Dublin 16
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I know "need" is probably an inappropriate word but it does catch the eye!

Here is the thing my Space Empire light games are Galactic Emperor ,Empires of the Void and Core Worlds.Two new games are surfacing Exodus: Proxima Centauri and Hegemonic ( there are others but these are the two I am focusing on). I have looked through the information available and have as yet been unable to convince myself that they are so different from my existing games that I must /should have them. I appreciate that they are still in production so it makes it harder to gain detailed insights from players. Nonetheless i am always amazed at the ability of the Community to come up with observations and insights which can be invaluable in making gaming choices.

So as it turns out I do need something -your input/views!

Regards

J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nyn -
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw your title I was going to comment on the word "need", but I see you already went there.

Hegemonic looks good and does look like a truly unique entry into the space opera genre (read: civ in space). That said, I won't be purchasing it right away as there are other games screaming louder that they "need" me.

I haven't looked at the other yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Exodus. Its basically TI "lite". I've seen the videos on Hegemonic and it looks good but Im going to pass on it because there just its enough there to entice me to buy it.

The only thing I can say is if you like TI, you'll like Exodus but is it a "must have"? IMO, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.