David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Fios Internet service (25/25 upload/download) and I pay the money for a home phone line with Verizon as well. Super happy with that.

I have DirecTV on 2 TV's. One is HD, one is not. Also super happy with it.

The above combo sets me back about $220 a month total, split almost evenly between the 2 companies. Verizon is offering me a deal to add FiosTV for what amounts to like $4 a month. 210 channels.

I like the idea of saving $105 a month, but I really do love my DirecTV. The service has been awesome, it rarely has any issues (not even during storms) and i just am reluctant to mess up a good thing.

Anyone here have FiosTV? Are you happy with it? Does it "cut into" your regular Fios Bandwidth? Love to hear thoughts an opinions on this.

(BTW, Cable is right out. Xfinity is my cable provider in this area, and they cap your bandwidth. I will not deal with that when i have 2 kids who use NetFlix, Hulu, XBox Live and the web about 10 hours a day...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Fios TV is great and doesn't mess with internet speeds. Fiber optic cable can carry lots of bandwidth.

Their set-top boxes are OK, but you have to pay monthly for them (and that's never in the quoted price). A friend has switched to cable cards in TVs and a PC-based DVR and is very happy with things, so I'll probably switch to that eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.