Popular Tags: [View All]
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given: You have an arrangement with your SO to not buy each other Christmas gifts but to spend a predetermined amount on a joint gift. This ends up being stuff for our house like a sectional or a curio cabinet.

1) Your SO says to you last week, "Maybe we should look at new televisions when we finish Christmas shopping next weekend."

2) After pointing out a few sets that you think she'll agree on she asks, "Why can't we get one of the bigger ones?"

3) The following night you're watching hockey with your son in HD on a 50" TV.

Did I mention she has me order my own games for family members to give me as gifts for Christmas / birthday?

Best. Wife. EVAR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FrozenHoHos wrote:
2) After pointing out a few sets that you think she'll agree on she asks, "Why can't we get one of the bigger ones?"

3) The following night you're watching hockey with your son in HD on a 50" TV.

Well, let me be the first to say,

YOU SUCK!
angry

I mean, Cool! Way to go! Lucky you. cool

Spoiler (click to reveal)
No, I meant You Suck.

Just kidding.

Or am I...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
My wife and I have said for nearly 5 years now that, as nice as they are, it's simply crazy (for us) to pay $2000 for a television. We get basic-basic cable, and have a small living room, anyway.

But yes, you suck. You suck BIG TIME.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
We get basic-basic cable

We DREAM of getting basic cable! We have a big ol' antenna on the roof with a rotor.

My kids piss and moan sometimes, but we just don't watch enough TV to justify the cost of even basic cable.

I DO like to watch, mostly Simpsons and movies on DVD. For the latter I have a decent sound system, including a butt-kickin' sub-woofer, but I need to upgrade my 16-year-old, one-time-top-of-the-line 27" TV.

Just waiting for it to die, then I too shall suck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I once lived in a cabin that was so remote, cable wasn't even an option.

I received two channels, ABC and Fox (just barely), and this was when ABC started their family-oriented Friday programming. You don't know hell until you only get one station, and it's a "Boy Meets World" marathon.

gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valdir Jorge
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the same boat here: I watch so little TV that I simply can't justify owning a multi-thousand-dollar tube.

No cable for me either. It was either cable or fast Internet and that was an easy decision to make...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I rarely watch television at all but every so often I'll watch a DVD movie so that was the driving force to replace the old 27" set. Plus, now I can use the old TV to finally build my video game cabinet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.