Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went down to St. Paul's Source Comics & Games (MN) yesterday to pick up some game accessories (last minute Christmas gifts) and I received a really nice surprise! I grabbed a couple Pirates of the Crimson Coast packs arrrh and one of the store owners came running over saying he had a treat for me. He gleefully handed me a Pirates of the North Pole “Captain Whitebeard” 2005 promo pack! He said he was giving it to me for free!

I was totally thrilled, and thanked him profusely! I also mentioned that this would definitely create some strife in the house because we were using our Crimson Coast packs as ships for Plunder, and a fierce battle will be taking place between my husband and myself for ownership of this ship!

He said he didn’t want marital strife to be on his conscience and gave me another PNP promo pack! arrrh Just like that! For free! So wow, what a great Christmas surprise!!

My husband and I put both ships together last night, one with the sails facing outward displaying the yuletide greenery (dubbed the YO-HO), and one with the sails reversed to show the candy cane masts (dubbed the HO-HO). What fun! I uploaded pictures to the Pirates of the ... game listing this morning. I expect they’ll appear in a few days.

Support your local game store! I love mine! Thanks again to Source Comics and Games, 1601 West Larpenteur Ave, Falcon Heights, Minnesota 55113. http://www.sourcecandg.com/ I'm one very happy customer! kiss

Diane C.

P.S. Here's our two ships at battle, out in the MN snow: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/106935

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The owner of my FLGS gave me one of these as well. It is an awsome little ship, I love the HOHOHO rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates of the North Pole, Source Games Plays Santa Clau
My kids got one of those each on the weekend after Thanksgiving when the Source had several promotions. My son also got a free starter kit of the Xiaolin Showdown CCG & a pal of mine got a Full Metal Alchemist CCG starter that day too.

Love the service and the friendly people in there, I go a couple times a month and love the place.

Too bad the prices are usually MRP. I can't afford to get some items in there. But I try to buy there when I can...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiddie crack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.