Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules seems to suggest you can sail a manned boat into a whale. Is that correct?

If yes...whales block a safe island harbour...first action I crash my boat into whale...boat destroyed my 2 meeples hit the water. Last 2 actions I escape to safety!

Is that legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's legit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Just dont get mixed up and accidentally feed a seaserpent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the meeples falling into the water is one action per meeple, so you'd have to wait until the next turn to move them to shore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChiefAaron wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the meeples falling into the water is one action per meeple, so you'd have to wait until the next turn to move them to shore.

Jumping off the boat, yes.

Being capsized by a whale, no.

Edit - The rules seem to imply that going from a boat to the sea, regardless of method, counts as movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Disgustipater wrote:
ChiefAaron wrote:

Jumping off the boat, yes.

Being capsized by a whale, no.

Edit - The rules seem to imply that going from a boat to the sea, regardless of method, counts as movement.

So it is illegal to sail a boat, which has 3 of your people on it, into a whale while it is possible if two of the 3 are yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of the rule that requires you to spend a movement falling into water when a whale capsizes your boat. If an opponent, on their turn, uses their creature dice move to make a whale capsize a boat, the players who are now all swimmers are NOT required to remember to take one less turn for that meeple on their turn. So I stand by my assertion that "whaling" a boat is legit even if your meeples are on that boat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.