Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Collins
United Kingdom
SIDMOUTH
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the rules mention whether players are allowed to examine the discard pile to determine which cards have been discarded? This seems to me an important point for a game of elimination.

If so, would it be a good idea to arrange the discarded cards face up to facilitate this?

If the rules (designer, publisher, etc) are not explicit on this point, is there a general convention with similar card games e.g. rummy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yellohat
Germany
Emmerich am Rhein
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The discarded cards are placed in front of the player, so that indeed you can determine what cards are out already.
You also need the cards in front of the player in case that at game's end there is a tie of the remaining players hands. Then the highest number of discarded cards determine the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bunyan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if there's a rule, but when I play I tend to build the discard pile fanned so that everyone can see what's there. There seems to be no reason to turn it into a memory game and the game's decisions are more interesting as more information becomes available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rules say each player's cards stay in front of them, and are all visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
pilgrim152 wrote:
I don't know if there's a rule, but when I play I tend to build the discard pile fanned so that everyone can see what's there. There seems to be no reason to turn it into a memory game and the game's decisions are more interesting as more information becomes available.

It is in the rules - p.11.

"All discarded cards remain in front of the player who dicarded them. Overlap the cards so it's clear in which order they were discarded."

If you are supposed to see an order, you must be able to see all the cards (and not just the top card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
We all nicely arrange our own discards in ascending order...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rules are clear on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.