Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Armstrong
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be heading to downtown Atlanta area in January. Are there any good gaming stores in the area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Yep!

http://www.atlantagamefactory.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sinclair
United States
Shawnee
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went down to Atlanta for a convention in April and played on Wednesday night with a few guys there. Bought Trias and something else. Real nice group of people.

Also check out the Southeast Game Forum here on the geek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewforum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no need to go to ANY OTHER gaming store in the metro Atlanta area. Atlanta Game Factory is the best, period. I'm not affiliated either, but the 30% off of all board and card games all the time is amazing. Nothing like getting Descent: JitD or World of Warcraft or Twilight Imperium 3rd ed for under $60. They are also very friendly and helpful to non-gamers too. My girlfriend refuses to go to any of the comic shops in the area because they treat her like some kind of outsider, but AGF has always been super friendly to her and even sat and did a demo game of Mall of Horror with her so she could decide whether to get it for me as a Xmas gift or not. (She did, and I am glad.)

The bonus is, they sell old and out of print games too. Most of 'em used, and obviously more expensive than new stuff. But, because of them, I was finally able to actually hold in my hands a copy of Escape from New York. That was a big thing for me, anyway...

I can't say enough nice things about those guys and that store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I gotta give a shout out to AGF also, they're easy to find and very helpful, plus they have good stock and they make a point of selling to consumers for the same price as online. It's their business model; designed to keep dollars in town rather than on the internet. Georgia sales tax is almost always cheaper than shipping, too. If you're going there, take I-75 and get off at the Georgia Tech exit; they're in a small strip shopping center on 10th. I picked up Crusader Rex there for $44.00, and some other good, small stuff. They have some really unique items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My next order might be from them as I want to see how good it is (I'm 2 hours away in Greenville, SC). Ah, maybe I need to take a road trip to Atlanta...hehe arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Atlanta Game Factory
551 10th St.
Atlanta GA, 30318
Ph: 404-745-4213

This is the place to go when in Atlanta. I'm down that way a couple times a year and the owners and store is great. They definitly give truth to the acronym "FLGS".

Stop in, have fun, and save money.

Easy to get to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey Relford
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COULDN'T RESIST :

I'm not affiliated either, and I have to add my two cents - that AGF is quite possibly THE BEST game store ANYWHERE. Unfortunately, I never made it to Ward Batty's old store in Gwinnett, before he closed down, but I heard it was awesome. However - THIS is the PLACE in GEORGIA to go for games. Wednesday night gaming night is awesome. People are, for the most part, always friendly about getting beginners in on a game, and the employees seem to truly love what they do. I've NEVER been kicked out because the store was 'closing'. Games play until they END.

No snobbish, holier than thou attitudes, and prices you just CANNOT beat. Definitely worth a long drive or a quick stop-by if you're in town. Don't forget to glance behind the main front counter to check out what OLD classics someone might have stashed there.

Also, be sure to grab a bite at "City Cafe", in the same strip...a little pricey, but a HUGE menu, specializing in GREEK food.

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I certainly couldn't resist because I'm an owner of the store!

I just want to say thanks for all your kind words- I really appreciate the positive feedback, it really makes all the effort and tribulations associated with running AGF worthwhile. I wanted AGF to be the exact opposite of all the crappy, rudely staffed, dirty, and overpriced gamestores that we've all grudgingly shopped at before. I wanted the love and passion for gaming to be the store's primary reason for existence and I'm so happy that you guys recognize that we're not just some guys trying to make a million dollars off the hobby. I think all too often opportunistic, would-be entrepreneurs try to milk hobby industries for a paycheck and it seems like these are always the people that fail- my philosophy is to start small with something you're passionate about. Nurture it and love it and it will grow into success.

We're going to be growing in 2006, we've got plans in the works to serve the Atlanta gaming community even better.

Thanks again
Michael Barnes
Atlanta Game Factory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey Relford
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plans ?! What plans ?! A bigger store ?

Forgot to include in my previous post that my FAVORITE thing about AGF are the posted 'CLEANLINESS' rules. If any of you DO drop by...PLEASE, SHOWER FIRST !!!

zombie
K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.