Subject: NCO's and what they do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Olsen
United States
whitemarsh
MD
flag msg tools
I've very confused about what NCO's do. their are 3 rather complicated and not quite specific enough sentances describing what they can do. basically I THINK it says units with 2 movement factors can move 1 hex and shoot or shoot and move 1 hex at a -2 FF and CC. and if that unit is with a NCO you can move 2 spaces and shoot, or shoot and move 2 spaces at that same -2 FF and CC. and a pinned unit if with an NCO can move 1 (or do they mean 2) hex and fire at a -2 FF or fire at a -2 and move 1 hex? is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Euritt
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
my first understanding or at least the way I play it is that as long as an NCO is with the unit or units from the beginning of the turn to the end of the turn the units with him can fire and move or move and fire without the -2 modifier (assuming the unit or units or NCO are not pinned).

This is from the Sergeants NCO school deal...

"A unit with two movement factors is allowed to move one hex and fire, including engaging in close combats, with a "-2" situation base modifier. This means that the unit must be very close before attacking and may be forced to end its move in terrain that lacks cover. A leader (all leader units have two move factors) is allowed to move two and fire (still with the "-2" situation base modifier). If a leader ( a sergeant-that's where we got the game's name) is with a unit or stack of units for the entire turn, these units may also behave like their leader and be moved two hexes and fire. This can be critical to a successful attack."

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
blucher wrote:
my first understanding or at least the way I play it is that as long as an NCO is with the unit or units from the beginning of the turn to the end of the turn the units with him can fire and move or move and fire without the -2 modifier (assuming the unit or units or NCO are not pinned).

For the record (I've just now been getting into Sergeants!) this is incorrect. Any unit that moves and fires receives a -2 attack modifier. The advantage to the NCO being with the unit is that it can move 2 and still fire. It still does take the -2 penalty (as the NCO School quote says). The advantage is not in avoiding the move/fire penalty but in moving two and still firing (otherwise you can only move one and fire).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.