Uther Pendragon
msg tools
First question: If you have the crossbow of speed, can you attack regularly with your regular weapon and again with the crossbow of speed, in lieu of moving?

Can you combine the amulet of protection with the blessed shield? If not, why? shouldn't you be able to wear an amulet and carry a shield?

If you attack a monster, can you move 6 squares so you are two tiles away, so the monster can't attack you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goon712 wrote:
First question: If you have the crossbow of speed, can you attack regularly with your regular weapon and again with the crossbow of speed, in lieu of moving?

Can you combine the amulet of protection with the blessed shield? If not, why? shouldn't you be able to wear an amulet and carry a shield?

If you attack a monster, can you move 6 squares so you are two tiles away, so the monster can't attack you?

1) A bit of a grey area this one. I've always played as yes, however the rules state you can only attack once per turn. Up to you.

2)You can carry both , but only benefit from one defence and one attack bonus at a time, so you would have to choose one.

3) Yep - this is fine if you can pull it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1- not a gray area. It states instead of moving you can use this item and attack a monster with a rapidly fired bolt. So yes, you can attack with a power and sacrifice your move to use this treasure.

2- in order to balance gear DnD does not stack (add) bonuses of the same type together. Yes, you can have as many items as you can get- but, as stated, you many only benefit from one of each type at a time. Different scenarios it may be better to use the benefit of one card over another.

3- yes if the map allows such movement and the monsters tactics can't get you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uther Pendragon
msg tools
Thanks for the answers. I still can't figure out why you can't wear an amulet and carry a shield and get the stacked benefit of both. Does that not seem physically possible? I can see why you can't get the benefit of two shields and why you can't get the benefit from carrying two +2 weapons when rolling for attack. You can only use one of these at a time. Seems the amulet/shield combo should be an exception to a one rule fits all situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goon712 wrote:
Thanks for the answers. I still can't figure out why you can't wear an amulet and carry a shield and get the stacked benefit of both. Does that not seem physically possible? I can see why you can't get the benefit of two shields and why you can't get the benefit from carrying two +2 weapons when rolling for attack. You can only use one of these at a time. Seems the amulet/shield combo should be an exception to a one rule fits all situation.

Because the game is an arbitrary representation. It is a simplified version of D&D and as such has sacrificed things for simplicity and balance. One of the things sacrificed is the ability to stack bonuses...

Yes, you can carry a shield and wear an amulet.. but an attack against you will only be affected game-wise by one of these.. you can pretend that the shield was bypassed by a good attack but luckily your amulet can still help you out... try not to over-think this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.