Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Adam got sick on the last day of the KS and it was a crazy ending... but I just want one more update, just need one more!

Would love to know what's going on in KD world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Donohue
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
he's retired to the caymans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Konkler
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking to the guys at work about this kickstarter and every single one of them said they'd take the money and run.

As much as I'd be upset if he did do that and steal all our money, I guess part of me would laugh a little.

Edit: Also on a more serious note, it seemed like Adam was working his ass off the last week or so of the Kickstarter. I'd say he deserves a break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N /A
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I've communicated with Adam via email and on KS. He's around. I wouldn't blame him for taking a short break. He needs to collect the funds, which from what I understand are not immediately available to him, and generated a KS survey for people who pledged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes up to 2 weeks to get the funds. I imagine he has tons of logistics to figure out. I am a bit worried that this much money would be tempting, but he seems to have poured the last few years of his life into this, in lieu of a real job, seems he would want to see it through...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Adam indicated he'd be taking a two week break after the end of KS before getting back to it. Regardless, I'm also really anxious to seeing more updates! On a similar note, I still can't figure out if the people that did Relic Knights are posting their new stuff anywhere--it went completely dead after the KS ended.

zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herbzilla wrote:
I was talking to the guys at work about this kickstarter and every single one of them said they'd take the money and run.

I know what they mean - but I honestly doubt that anyone who'd devoted so many years of their life on a project like this would jack it in for a pile of money just when their goals are about to be realised.

It'd be a bit like training for years to take part in the first Olympics on the moon, then spending your rocket fare on retiring to the Bahamas instead of acheiving the goal you'd worked so hard towards.

So no - I have NO concerns at all that Adam is currently browsing brochures for properties in the Caribbean!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Toohey
Australia
Gold Coast
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Draxalon wrote:
I'm pretty sure Adam indicated he'd be taking a two week break after the end of KS before getting back to it. Regardless, I'm also really anxious to seeing more updates! On a similar note, I still can't figure out if the people that did Relic Knights are posting their new stuff anywhere--it went completely dead after the KS ended.

zombie

Relic Knights didn't go dead... They posted an update EVERYDAY in the 12 days leading up to Christmas!

On topic: I'm DYING for an update!!!! But I understand Adam probably wants to rest... And maybe fill a swimming pool with our money and splash around a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He also got sick during the last day, possibly with the flu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Poots
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
zzzz... zzzz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Owens

Mississippi
msg tools
I hear that! Last week of the KS I ended up with Gallstones, double ear infection and a throat infection. Goin for Surgery this Friday. But I got my KD Pledge in... just got wait for the survey and then the long stretch toward November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qoorl wrote:
I hear that! Last week of the KS I ended up with Gallstones, double ear infection and a throat infection. Goin for Surgery this Friday. But I got my KD Pledge in... just got wait for the survey and then the long stretch toward November.

Just get some industrial grade pain killers and the year will fly by!

Also, good luck with the surgery! Get well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
u4527646 wrote:
Relic Knights didn't go dead... They posted an update EVERYDAY in the 12 days leading up to Christmas!

Bah! RK's KS has been dead since 12/25/12. That's like an eternity or two on the interwebs! The 1/04/13 post of the KD:M cross-over doesn't count because it's not a RK KS mini; it's a KD:M option.

Since then it's nothing but prospectors complaining that they bought a bazillion LE/SE miniatures to gouge people on eBay, which apparently won't be as LE/SE as they thought.

End of off-topic post. Time to check what painting advice is being shared at KD:M's KS. (=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking around a little and stumbled over a few threads elsewhere with pictures and info. The first is the official KS KD:M thread over at the dakkadakka.com forum. Not sure if I can post it here? Easy to find.

The second is a blog written by Thomas Davis, which contains a lot of pictures I had not seen elsewhere. http://art.thomasdavid.over-blog.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howie S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow your right some of those pics I didnt see on the KS! I needed that boost...after throwing down quite a wod of cash on KD I was feeling silly. Love the miniatures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Qoorl wrote:

As much as I hate to say it, I REALLY don't see this showing by Nov 2013. I'd guess May 2014 or even later. No slam on anyone involved in production but I've never backed a Kickstarter that wasn't at least 4 months late and this one is the most complex of the bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sooo quiet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Update with confirmation of Adjustable Pledge Manager!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
Woot! Update with confirmation of Adjustable Pledge Manager!
Adjustable pledge manager?! Will this allow for addition of funds?

If so, anyone interested in adding a TON of stuff? I lost my pledge spot due to lack of funds at the time (

edit- that is exactly what the APM is. I'm so disappointed Adam didn't announce this before the end of the KS, or I wouldn't have lost my spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it funny all these complaints about Adam while UpFront has not made a peep since funding and no-one has complained.

I did love the messenger in the KD:M today. Might add it now Adam was nice enough to start taking extra cash :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.