Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick one..

Gameplay wise, can the Russians come back if Moscow falls and Stalin is captured?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As long as the Germans do not get an Automatic Victory, then I think the Russians can come back from losing Moscow.

It would help if the Russian card that allowed the factories to be transported to Siberia (Siberian Evacuation?) had already been played before the Germans took Moscow. If that card had not been played, I believe the Russians would be slowed down significantly in their efforts at victory.

I've only played the game 3 times, but that's how I see it.

Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
the main thing is to get Stalin out of Moscow before it falls. if Stalin is killed, that's 4 victory points for the Germans which would be very hard to overcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for this,

I think Moscow fell on the third hand of cards.. there was 3 PZ LCU in moscow at full strength and 2 x LCU just outside. I think the russians rolled stalin orders 3 times in a row.

It was my first game, and the other player was teaching me the rules. For a first impression I thought the game had degenerated into me trying to take moscow with the units I had, and the russians trying to cut me off.

I was hoping for more of a push and pull and strategic outmanourvering I suppose I was a bit dissapointed when i found myself bum rushing for Moscow.

Maybe as a beginner, I can't see the best strategy as the germans to make for an exciting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.