Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a few extra copies of ANR when Amazon had them for $20. I gave one away and opened one immediately so I could build two decks for each side at a time. I kept the final one sealed, unsure whether to open it or not.

Well, it finally happened. I'm cracking my third core. Why?

Enigma.

I'm working on a Jinteki deck, and there are two cards that I don't have any spares of: Hedge Fund and Enigma. Hedge fund I can do without. Wasn't even sure that it would be a great fit for this deck since I expect it to be tight on money. But Enigma? There's just no good replacement for it. The only other code gates (besides Chum and Cell Portal) are Victor 1.0 and Tollbooth. I've already got 2 copies of the bioroid, and Tollbooth's not an option due to influence and also cost (like I said, poor).

Can't believe that Enigma's the card to finally get me to give in and open that other box. Sigh...

On the bright side, I can probably pull of NBN w/o Enigma, so I might at least be able to make my 4th corporation deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Emphasis on the *crack*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
Asmor wrote:
I purchased a few extra copies of ANR when Amazon had them for $20. I gave one away and opened one immediately so I could build two decks for each side at a time. I kept the final one sealed, unsure whether to open it or not.

Enigma.

I'm working on a Jinteki deck, and there are two cards that I don't have any spares of: Hedge Fund and Enigma. Hedge fund I can do without. Wasn't even sure that it would be a great fit for this deck since I expect it to be tight on money. But Enigma? There's just no good replacement for it. The only other code gates (besides Chum and Cell Portal) are Victor 1.0 and Tollbooth. I've already got 2 copies of the bioroid, and Tollbooth's not an option due to influence and also cost (like I said, poor).

Can't believe that Enigma's the card to finally get me to give in and open that other box. Sigh...

On the bright side, I can probably pull of NBN w/o Enigma, so I might at least be able to make my 4th corporation deck.

Good on you. I don't think I could make all four Corp decks without cracking SIX boxes. Gotta have three Melange Mining Corporations each. That might also give me enough Corporate Troubleshooters to go around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMON WRAY
Bermuda
Devonshire
Devonshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm thinking of buying a fourth, just because I want to have decks for all factions without have to keep robbing cards from each.

However, as someone who owns 3x Warhammer Invasion cores plus all the Battle Packs, I appreciate this need for more neutral & essential cards is only a short term issue until we get a larger Netrunner card pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Killjoy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think I have built a Corp deck yet that didn't have 3 x Enigma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been feeling the need for a third core set as well recently. I had to take apart my HB deck, because I wanted to try my hand at NBN. Though Hedge fund and melang mining corp is one of the cards holding me back, I don't have a single Enigma in any of my decks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
wildfire393 wrote:
Good on you. I don't think I could make all four Corp decks without cracking SIX boxes. Gotta have three Melange Mining Corporations each. That might also give me enough Corporate Troubleshooters to go around.

In any given deck, I limit myself to the quantities in a single core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Revenant wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking of buying a fourth, just because I want to have decks for all factions without have to keep robbing cards from each.

However, as someone who owns 3x Warhammer Invasion cores plus all the Battle Packs, I appreciate this need for more neutral & essential cards is only a short term issue until we get a larger Netrunner card pool.

I've been hoping for more credit producing cards myself, and they've only helped Anarch so far (but it looks to be a good one).

We know chimera is coming next for ICE which will help patch some holes. (at least for a deck I have in mind)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the opposite - I have 2 cores along with all the extra copies of those in 3 copies... But I refuse to sleeve up anything more than 3 of each, so that when I do deckbuild and swap cards around, I'll be sure to not run into any situation where I may mistakenly have 4+ of a card in a deck.

Plus I take all my cards around in a not-big box, so that I can chop and change, without having to take ALL the 6 copies along too.

3 cores just to raid the neutrals and not for the corporate troubleshooter? What wilful wastage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
wildfire393 wrote:
Asmor wrote:

Enigma.

I don't think every Corp deck needs 3x Melange Mining Corp - many of them do though so I understand where you're coming from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
wildfire393 wrote:

Even consoles? If you have multiple cores, why put limits like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
I don't think every Corp deck needs 3x Melange Mining Corp - many of them do though so I understand where you're coming from.
i just opened up my 4th core for more MMCs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
wildfire393 wrote:

Even consoles? If you have multiple cores, why put limits like that?

Because my opponents only have one core, and I like to play on an even playing field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Killjoy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I have four cores as well, MMC is a big part of the reason (besides the neutrals).

Even then I only have 8 MMC which can make 3 Corp decks,... luckily 3 x are not needed for every Corp deck. HB does fine on its own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3 core sets are within reason, I have opened 3 myself, and 4 is not unreasonable either since the box is cheap to buy. Some guy on these forums cracked 6 core sets so that he would have 3 Melange Mining Corps for all 4 of his corp decks without having to exchange any cards. The problem with that is that you would sometimes have to buy more than 1 of the same datapack if you never wanted to swap cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angrist wrote:
3 core sets are within reason, I have opened 3 myself, and 4 is not unreasonable either since the box is cheap to buy. Some guy on these forums cracked 6 core sets so that he would have 3 Melange Mining Corps for all 4 of his corp decks without having to exchange any cards. The problem with that is that you would sometimes have to buy more than 1 of the same datapack if you never wanted to swap cards.

That's a problem I'm fighting with at the moment... I could see Executive Retreat being a card that I'd want multiple playsets of. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.