Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A simple question, but not one I could find a clear answer for in the instruction manual...

If I am playing a two player game do the second player and I only use two colors and all of the others stay where they are on the bottom level? Or can each player play two colors?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some rulestranslations on the gamepage. For 2p:

Quote:
Each player chooses two colors. Before each turn they may choose one of their two colors. When scoring, players score the total of their two colors. The game is otherwise identical to the game with 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
The game really isn't that great with less than four players, so my first suggestion would be to find two more people

For two players you can certainly each play two colors. With three players I would suggest removing a color from play.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did a 3p game a few weeks ago. Everybody had to use the forth color before taking their own; not a bad game for 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
BaSL wrote:
We did a 3p game a few weeks ago. Everybody had to use the forth color before taking their own; not a bad game for 3.

Interesting idea - though I'm not sure it ends up being much different from not using it at all, since all the player colors will be the ones left stranded anyway - certainly on the lower levels, anyway.

Perhaps something like the following:

You may move either your own color or any blue piece on your turn. You can only pass to place the next level if you cannot move either.
Your first move onto a new level must be a blue piece, if possible.

This will likely result in two blues stranded on the bottom, leaving three to still be moved in the next round - thus keeping things tight for all players through the first two rounds.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Interesting idea

-MMM

Not an idea; it's the rule for 3p. Additon to that rule was: 1 piece of the neutral color has to stay on every level.

And of course 4player is best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a ton for the help/input!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
BaSL wrote:

Not an idea; it's the rule for 3p.

Hah You can tell how often I play 3p then

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.