Popular Tags: [View All]
Don David
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

We were playing on saturday morning for our first time and we left some questions, so please, need your help :D.

First:

When a ship is 0 hull points must check every turn to sink, but... the check number is the class of ship unchanged, right? So a first class ship only have 10% of probability of sinking (a 1 on a d10)? And meanwhile its can move... right (unless is dismasted too)?

Second:

When a ship is strike and is grappled, can try to disengaged if it has not been activated yet?

Third:

In initiative, if my (i cant remember the name...) ¿bravery? is higher than my almirant value... can i use the higher?

Fourth:

One of my ships lose 1 point of movement when suffering defensive fire, this reduction applies at the moment or at the beginning of its next movement activation?

Thanks you so much! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my interpretation of the rules v. 2.11b 2012...

*** I looked recently and couldn't find this or any other living rules for FC on the GMT site. Anyone else having this problem?

So we have reached 0 hull, and we first roll to Strike. If we Strike, we cannot Sink. If we do not Strike then we roll to Sink. A rate 1 ship will sink on a 1 or 0 (0 = 0 for FC and a lot of GMT games.)

My read is that an un-Struck 0 hull ship can move normally. (It cannot fire by rule.)

My read of the rules is NO. (I know this game decently well, but in answering these questions, I'm not trying to relearn any nuances.) My read is that although not specifically stated it is implied.

Rules quote: ...Players add the current command quality of their fleet admiral to the die roll (or the fleet's Audacity if the fleet admiral is dead or captured). (Emphasis mine.)

This is called out in the rules I cite: These penalties take effect the next time the ship is activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don David
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you so much! Has been very helpful :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doane
United States
Walpole
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Russell's answers are all spot on. Concerning question #1, the answer can be found on p.15 of the living rules under the Sinking paragraph: "A ship sinks upon a die roll equal to or less than its original rate (or a 7 for G and T ships)."

The latest version of the living rules can be found right here on BGG under the Files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.