A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: AGOT 2ed DwD PBF #54: The Three-Eyed Crow (Major Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
Turn 3 - Order Phase

MAP

I will log in several time a day during the week, maybe less onw eek ends. I'll update the map once a day during week days, maybe less during week ends

These are the rules for PBF#54, shamelessly stolen from Perrytom’s PBF #41, with the map created by Eatingbark. Thank you both!

The rules will be quite usual, except for the unusual house cards:

1)
This is a NO TIDES OF BATTLE game.

2)
Use the banners below on the top/bottom of your posts.
Use a separate indentation for non-game related stuff, ingame actions, and game related political statements. Highlight ingame actions in bold, and political statements in italics. Example :
"Lannister March (+1) : KN from Sunspear to Winterfel (game related)
(New indent) Sorry, I couldn't log in for a week for some reason. (non-game related)
(New indent) Hey Baratheon, how about i move out of The Mountains and you give me Pyke? (political, game related)"

3)
If possible, don't edit game related stuff (actions, politics), but if you must, highlight that you edited that particular text by leaving the old text striked through.
This is to clear up confusion, someone may read your original post only once, then when you change it, he may not notice what's wrong later.

4)
Anyone can feel free to PM me your upcoming orders if you have them in mind ONCE I HAVE SENT MINE TO THE EXTERNAL MOD. You can conditioned them as well, these are called CO (i.e. "If Greyjoy takes Moat Cailin on my turn March a FM in Highgarden to The Reach otherwise March a FM in Highgarden to Sea Road Marches" or "I will march on Cracklaw Point unless Baratheon attacks me first"). It might helps speed up the game a little bit, I hope.
After sending me a PM, post on the thread so that we make those slow pokes submit their orders quickly.

5)
It is expected that you have your geek mail forwarded to your normal e-mail. This will allow you to keep track of the game better. No one wants to wait for slow players. If you need instructions on how to forward your geek mail let me know.

6)
Changing your mind: I will accept updates/changes to orders/battles until I have an order from each person. If the last person I was waiting for already submitted their order, then no orders can be changed.

7)
When sending orders, be sure to list all territories you currently have units in and don't forget to put a * next to your star orders.

8)
Battles: Let's assume you always support yourself. When submitting your battle card, be sure to list everything and calculate your total strength to prevent mistakes. If you wish to support another player, you must declare it publicly in the thread before I receive the battle order PM from that player. Keep this in mind if you want someone to support you.

9)
Labels to use for messages to the Mods:
AGoT #54 – [House] Turn [x] Phase (Orders/IT,F,KC,W Bids/HC)

Calculation example for copy and paste, modify it according to the current battle :

[Attacker]
Initial Strength = 3 (1 KN, 1 FM)
Order = -1
Support = 0
Card = Send to mod
Total = 2++

[Defender]
Initial Strength = 1 (1 FM)
Order = +1
Support = 1 (1 SH)
Card = ??
Total = 3++

If you are [Defender] in this example and you see that [Attacker] has sent their card, please send me your card AND publicly post your card, while reposting the updated calculations with your card's value included. That way, if Lannister sees the post before I do, he can just post his card and the two players can work out the results without waiting on the Mod.

*When you march, and you can possibly leave a Power Token (PT) in the area, you should always state if you want to leave one or not. It can matter a lot, especially before battles. The default assumption is NO unless you say you are.

*Along the same lines, feel free to publicly post your actions if the other orders can't possibly affect you. For instance, if Stark is raiding in the north, and Martell is first to march, Martell can post his march order if there's no way it will affect his march. Be sure to make sure it can't affect you however; if it turns out it can affect you then you are stuck with your action and you gave your enemies a sneak peak at your plans.

9)
For all rolls (Wildlings,Westeros) I will use geekrolls.

ENJOY THE GAME!

Rules and cards:

Rules and cards:

Cards
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/81854/house-cards-for-game...

2nd Edition Rulebook (PDF)

Official FAQ

Official Responses from FFG

Wildlings Cards

Westeros Cards
[/q]

The Houses will be rolled for once six players are chosen.
Bolton - Perrytom

Greyjoy - Laffs

Lannister - WNxDarkRaven

Baratheon - Alfonsolo

Tyrell - Muradrim

Martell - arnaudgf

Moderator - arnaudgf

External Moderator - smithdj08

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ru
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: AGOT 2ed DwD PBF #54: No Idea how to Name it :) (Major Spoilers)
I'd much prefer not to play Lannister or Baratheon, since I already played those in rl games. Any other House is good for me .

Thanks for modding, arnaudgf, and for the external mod assistance, smithdj08!

EDIT:
You can copy this banner for House Bolton

EDIT2:
If you need inspiration for a title, you might want to pick something like:
- The Three-Eyed Crow
- Children of the Forest
- For the night is dark..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
OK, got to work for a bit, I'll be back a bit later (I stole your first post muradrim )

I'll try to get the map set up at my lunch break

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Steylaerts
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer not to play Tyrell, as I am currently subbing for Tyrell in another DwD game.

I'd prefer Lannister/Martell/Baratheon.

Let's see who gets what House and then see if they want to switch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Mart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played a Vassal game as Lannister, and so would prefer another house (though I don't mind playing Lannister again too much, if need be).

To clarify procedure: should we wait until you have announced in the thread your orders are submitted to send ours, or should we send them whenever we are ready and you will only look at them once everyone has sent them (including you to the external mod)?

Thanks for organizing! If you wanted a name, might I suggest: "The free folk follow strength, not blood or titles."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ru
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Laffs wrote:
To clarify procedure: should we wait until you have announced in the thread your orders are submitted to send ours, or should we send them whenever we are ready and you will only look at them once everyone has sent them (including you to the external mod)?

The procedure with external mods is as follows:
Once a turn starts, we wait until arnaudgf has sent his orders to the mod. Once he sends the orders, he will post it in the thread. We can then send our orders to him and he can place everything on the map. Once the map is posted, the external mod checks whether the orders arnaudgf sent him are the same as the ones he places on the map.
If you want to send your orders before arnaudgf posts his, you can always send them to the external mod. He can then send them on ocne he receives arnaud's orders.

The same applies to bids for the wildlings or the influence tracks.

The external mod can also post 'I received them' once he obtains arnaudgf's orders, if you'd prefer that, but that will slow the game down.

EDIT: added quote

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
Yup, Muradrim summed it up pretty good.

Wait for me to post on the forum that my orders/bid are locked then you can send me yours.

Laffs - Not Lannister
Muradrim - Not Lannister or Baratheon
WNxDarkRaven - Not Tyrell
Alfonsolo - don't care
PerryTom - don't care
arnaudgf - don't care

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
Let's start rolling for houses

Muradrim - Not Lannister or Baratheon

Bolton: 1
Tyrell: 2
Martel: 3
Greyjoy: 4

1d4 = (2) = 2

-> TYRELL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 243261. arnaudgf
  • 1d4 =
  • (2) =
  • Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:21 pm
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
Laffs - Not Lannister

Baratheon: 2
Greyjoy: 4

1d4 = (4) = 4

-> GREYJOY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 243264. arnaudgf
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 pm
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
WNxDarkRaven

Baratheon: 2
Lannister: 4

1d4 = (1) = 1

-> BOLTON

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 243265. arnaudgf
  • 1d4 =
  • (1) =
  • Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:24 pm
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
Alfonsolo

Baratheon: 1
Martel: 2
Lannister: 3

1d4 = (1) = 1

-> BARATHEON

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 243266. arnaudgf
  • 1d4 =
  • (1) =
  • Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
PerryTom

Martel: 1-2
Lannister: 3-4

1d4 = (4) = 4

-> LANNISTER

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 243269. arnaudgf
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:26 pm
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
And I get MARTEL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ru
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Tyrell it is! Sounds good to me, but if anyone (Greyjoy, Bolton or Martell) is desperate to trade, I'd be okay with that.

Just to clear up: Ravens (i.e. geekmails) to other players are allowed? Or should we post diplomacy in the thread? I'd be ok with Ravens allowed, but will still post a some of my own diplomacy in the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Gain
msg tools
Ravens are allowed yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaman
msg tools

Baratheon! No idea how to play this. Looks pretty interesting.

Maybe it would be good if everyone confirmed that they are ok with there house so we can start sending ravens.

These are the house cards, I guess?
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/81854/house-cards-for-game...

Can you include them to the first post for easy reference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Steylaerts
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody want to switch? I don't care much for playing Bolton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ru
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would you prefer to play Tyrell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also fine with subbing with you if prefer Lannister to Bolton (both seem awesome to me, though Lannister is maybe in a better position).

Also, if we're doing ravens we have to be careful about not continuing the diplomacy after our mod has sent his orders to the external mod. It's important to be clear about that because it's a bummer for the mod who's doing some extra work if he's out of it and can't change his orders (because someone already revealed their orders to him) and then he gets a raven with important info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bookem Dano
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WNxDarkRaven wrote:
Does anybody want to switch? I don't care much for playing Bolton.

I will switch with you

JK, I am happy to merely observe this one. But I must say, I was a little disappointed to hear this will be a ravens game because I love following the diplomacy as much as the tactics. That being said, I will bestow upon you my extreme favor should you include me in all your ravens to other players in this game. I love hearing your take on strategy as well, so if you’re writing manifestos to the mod along with your orders, please include me too!

K have fun everyone. Remember to be kind to your external mod and he will do his job quickly and accurately!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Steylaerts
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrytom wrote:
I'm also fine with subbing with you if prefer Lannister to Bolton (both seem awesome to me, though Lannister is maybe in a better position).

Also, if we're doing ravens we have to be careful about not continuing the diplomacy after our mod has sent his orders to the external mod. It's important to be clear about that because it's a bummer for the mod who's doing some extra work if he's out of it and can't change his orders (because someone already revealed their orders to him) and then he gets a raven with important info.

If it doesn't bother you, I'd very much like to try Lannister. I have found the North somewhat...boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WNxDarkRaven wrote:
Perrytom wrote:

If it doesn't bother you, I'd very much like to try Lannister. I have found the North somewhat...boring.

No prob, Lord Lannister.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Mart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would eliminating ravens help? If it would make the game more fun for our external mod and eliminate issues with ongoing diplomacy when internal mod has sent order, might be something to consider. Doesn't matter to me either way, I am happy regardless.

Also, I am happy to play as Greyjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bookem Dano
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laffs wrote:
Would eliminating ravens help? If it would make the game more fun for our external mod and eliminate issues with ongoing diplomacy when internal mod has sent order, might be something to consider. Doesn't matter to me either way, I am happy regardless.

I am all in favor of no ravens but would hate to change your entire game to spoil me. I have plenty of AGOT to keep me busy and I can make my own deductions about what you guys are thinking, so don't change the format on account of me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which map will you be using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.