Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit:

We now have a group formed that meets weekly on Thursday nights at the Pinewood Bar and Cafe in Crowthorne.

For more details, please check out our guild page: Broad Street Gamers
Hi there

Does anyone know of any Board game clubs in and around this area that would like a new member? I love board games and recently got the bug again after playing 'A Touch of Evil' and 'Railroad Tycoon'.

thanks
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Estall
United Kingdom
Bisley
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

If you don't mind driving over the M3 then the Woking Gaming Club meets every Tuesday night at The Sovereigns.

Cheers,
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Parrott
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also be interested if there are any clubs locally.

I'm new to the hobby and living in Crowthorne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidestall wrote:
Hi Chris,

If you don't mind driving over the M3 then the Woking Gaming Club meets every Tuesday night at The Sovereigns.

Cheers,
David

Heh, I found your club (at least I think it was) searching the net this morning. Sadly, for me at least, Tuesday night is my 5 a-side football night (rather, the night I attempt to stave of old age, another battle I am losing). I am grateful for the suggestion / offer though.

david_parrott wrote:

David Parrott - We could always start our own wee club in the dark depths of crowthorne... there must be others like us, there just must! I have a friend or two in the area who might be interested. What say you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Parrott
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wortsenawl wrote:

david_parrott wrote:

David Parrott - We could always start our own wee club in the dark depths of crowthorne... there must be others like us, there just must! I have a friend or two in the area who might be interested. What say you?

I don't know how much time I'd have to commit to it consistently. For me I think an established group I could just drop in and out of would work better for me at the minute.

I do agree there must be more of us in and around Crowthorne though. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stokes
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your always welcome to come to Chineham Board Gamers in Basingstoke, we meet on the last Saturday of the month.

Meeting on the 26th at 1800 let me know if you would be interested

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
david_parrott wrote:

I don't know how much time I'd have to commit to it consistently. For me I think an established group I could just drop in and out of would work better for me at the minute.

I do agree there must be more of us in and around Crowthorne though. :-)

Sorry, I was a bit misleading in my reply. When I said set up a club, I merely meant we could get together to play from time to time. I don't know that I have the time to commit to weekly sessions which I would need to organise.

Happy to get a few people together every now and then for an evening here and there though. I have a friend in Maidenhead who would certainly be up for it and I am sure I could rally one more person if needed, 5 or 6 is ideal number for me.

I am just off Crowthorne high street and was thinking we could, if not at a house, meet up at the Chorus Hotel. It's quiet, has some decent seating, but the beer (IMO) is rubbish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Finch
United Kingdom
BERKSHIRE
flag msg tools
badge
Rule changes for tonight's game:-
mbmbmbmbmb
I live about 3 miles away from Crowthorne. I'd certainly be up for attending a local club on a fairly regular basis if one is being established.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the replies from David Parrott and myself, I doubt that an official club would be created, but I see no reason why we couldn't get together from time to time. It might grow from there I suppose and we could then look at something more formal.

Let me know if you are up for that.

thanks
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guildford also has a club http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/294 which meets on Tuesday nights at The keep pub and is experimenting with Wednesdays at Guildford institute. None of us make every week but there are lots of regulars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron Marmot
msg tools
That would go for me as well...I'm only a few miles from Crowthorne and would be up for boardgaming/roleplaying on a semi-regular basis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eclectic games
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Eclectic Games in Reading runs boardgaming evenings Monday and Friday nights from 6.30pm to 11pm and has an open gaming day all day on the third Saturday in every month.

website www.eclecticgames.co.uk
Facebook Eclectic Games
phone 01189598250
address 36 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE

Best parking after 6pm in Reading is the Oracle Riverside carpark, £3 all evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Finch
United Kingdom
BERKSHIRE
flag msg tools
badge
Rule changes for tonight's game:-
mbmbmbmbmb
eclectic wrote:
Eclectic Games in Reading runs boardgaming evenings Monday and Friday nights from 6.30pm to 11pm and has an open gaming day all day on the third Saturday in every month.

website www.eclecticgames.co.uk
Facebook Eclectic Games
phone 01189598250
address 36 Market Place, Reading, RG1 2DE

Best parking after 6pm in Reading is the Oracle Riverside carpark, £3 all evening.

I can heartily endorse this. Great shop and a great crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robertson
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anything ever come of this, moved to Bracknell in October last year. My wife and I play board and card games and would love to get the chance to enjoy good company as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blyth
msg tools
I'm also in Bracknell and interested in the occasional boardgaming evening. Has anything been organised?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We set up a group at the start of the summer in Reading which is pretty handy if you drive or can get the train.

New Board Game Group in Reading

There's usually a good mix of games each session so hopefully everyone can find something that suites them, whether you want a good mental workout or more of a social bit of letting off steam.

To give you an idea games so far have included:
Terra Mystica, Galaxy Truckers, Keyflower, Agricola, Cosmic Encounter, Bora Bora, Citadels, Roll Through The Ages, Wings of War and plenty I can't remember.

Brief details are:
We meet on the first and third Wednesday of the month at The Abbot Cook at Cemetary Junction, Reading.
There's usually plenty of room to park and it's a few minutes bus ride from town with the bus stopping right outside.

Our 6th session is Wednesday 18th September, but if that's a bit short notice we'll be doing it all again on the 2nd October.

Games start about 7 but people are often there a bit earlier for a pre-game chat. We'll have an area reserved under the name 'Thirsty Gamers'.

Message me if you want more info or post something in the thread and I'll reply.

Be great to see some more Geeks - I've caught 3 so far...
and they're all coming back for more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Witter-Merithew
msg tools
mb
I am a recent transplant to Crowthorne so I would also love to meet up for some board games at some point. As an added bonus I run a brewery so I can always bring beer along as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fildes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Rwitter wrote:
I am a recent transplant to Crowthorne so I would also love to meet up for some board games at some point. As an added bonus I run a brewery so I can always bring beer along as well.

It's a bit off topic, but which brewery do you run? I've got friends who live in Wokingham who all like beer and it's always good to have a local drink when you meet up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Mono
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I wouldn't mind finding a group around Wokingham. I find going to Reading a bit of a pain if I'm honest, and with work everything feels a bit rushed.

I'd be up for just an occasional meet in a local pub even, if anyone else would be up for that?

I've got plenty of games and I'd be more than happy to bring a load along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Witter-Merithew
msg tools
mb
I run Siren Craft brew which opened up in Feb of this year. We have a bar built into the brewery as well which (while not open) could even serve for a board game space if ever needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I tried to get something going, but no, nothing came of it. It seems like we have half a chance now though.

I would have posted earlier,but was over in Essen helping out on the Grublin Games stand, selling Cornish Smuggler.

So, if not already done, shall we sort something out?

I am just off the high street in crowthorne, happy to host, travel or arrange a venue to meet up in.My only no go time is Tuesday evening as I play football. Oh and normal working hours restrictions apply too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Mono
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I live in Yateley, work in Winnersh and spend most of my free time in Wokingham, so anywhere around those places is fine by me, I just don't like having to travel into Reading for games.

I can't host anything at my place at the moment and the only evening I can't normally do is Wednesdays.

A lot of pubs have a room for hire, often for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Parrott
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still interested in this, while work is nuts at the minute it would be a nice escape.

I'm also one of those Chris failed to get this going with earlier in the year, apologies.

No real nights that I can't do regularly, Fridays possibly as we tend to travel a lot to visit family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Bennett
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMono wrote:
I live in Yateley, work in Winnersh and spend most of my free time in Wokingham, so anywhere around those places is fine by me, I just don't like having to travel into Reading for games.

I can't host anything at my place at the moment and the only evening I can't normally do is Wednesdays.

A lot of pubs have a room for hire, often for free.

I was going to say check out the guys at the Abbot Cook on Wednesdays but then noticed you said you couldn't make most Wednesdays. It's on the outside of Reading and isn't to bad to get to. I'm over at TVP and it works well, I don't like going into Reading either but being on the outside it isn't too bad of a commute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will go through this thread properly later today and mail each of you that are interested. I will also look at venues too, though up to 6 at my place is certainly doable, if a little tight.

I already travel enough so want something closer to home, Wokingham and Camberley are about the max distance I want to go to. So Bracknell, Yateley, Sandhurst, etc. Are the ideal kind of range. Saturdays I am willing to travel a little further if there is a day if gaming. Anyways, I should stop over thinking this.

chris

Edit: Called the Broad Street Tavern and they said yes to reserving rooms. There is no cost, but they are unsure whether this could be done regularly. They are going to call me back.

With that in mind, I suggest the Broad Street Gamers (or something akin to that). If we all say aye, then a guild will be created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.