BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: On the fence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boing, boing, boing... thunk!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been following the Devastation kickstarter and watching it grow like crazy. I'm leaning towards the digital download because I like crafting this sort of thing, but while Devastation looks awesome, Strikers just doesn't interest me that much.

Then, low and behold, Disc Duelers gets met. I think my peeps will really enjoy it and it hits for me on multiple levels. Plus, I can pledge for Disc Duelers and then add on Devastation, without Strikers. Seems like a slam dunk, but I'm starting to wonder what would specifically be included in the digital download? Alt art? Handicap cards? Alt characters when it reaches 100k?

I've tried sorting it all out but it's grown so much, and some of the info is redundant or a little out of date and now there's the extended pledges too. I'm a little confused and would like to know exactly what I'm tacking on before I take the plunge and pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't mark my words on this until Brad confirms but I am pretty sure Disc Duelers will not be PNP. I believe everything else you mentioned (alt art, handicap cards, etc) will be included in PNP.

I would, however, highly recommend you look into physical copies of Devastation and Disc Duelers even if Strikers does not interest you. Strikers is a very small part of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say most of, if not all, the stuff in the physical box would be in the PnP except for maybe the alt art stand-ups. Don't quote me. You can definitely message Brad directly on KS. I'm sure he'd be willing to answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alt Art Character cards are only in the Devastation Extended version, which you get for free from ordering the physical copy (as per update #30). However there is the digital Alt Art edition that was a stretch at 60K. Which isn't different "powers" or different character play-styles but just different art. That one is included in every pledge that has digital download including the $50 base game.

So if you want a physical copy and you want to make the alt art version to fulfill your crafting desires you could pledge at $50 which would include everything in the extended edition.

Things you don't get if you just go digital: No Extended Edition Items (chibi stands, 8bit stands, alt characters cards)

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as for what steven says, the alt art stand ups do not exist yet(soon) (unless you were talking about chibi's and 8-bits)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frogmanmike14 wrote:
as for what steven says, the alt art stand ups do not exist yet(soon) (unless you were talking about chibi's and 8-bits)

That I was
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*pss*...but you should buy pixel tactics too (my favorite level 99 game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the Pledge Calculator to figure out how to get the digital download plus all the add-ons that you specifically want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is the digital package will include everything except Disc Duelers and the promo characters. NO idea if 7 card slugfest will be included in the digital package as that one was just unlocked, but I'd guess it will. Hang on...

OK, I found the comment on the KS page where they answer my question about what's included in the digital package:

"With the virtual pledge, you'll just miss the Promo characters and nicer components. I think we'll be getting you most of the extra stuff."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
My understanding is the digital package will include everything except Disc Duelers and the promo characters. NO idea if 7 card slugfest will be included in the digital package as that one was just unlocked

The Digital Package is just for Devastation and its related parts. Additional games are not part of the virtual pledge tiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, ok then. I'm gonna have to find some money for 7CS then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, thanks for all the responses and let me clarify: I did know that Disc Duelers was not a PNP, but I can see how that wasn't clear from my initial post.

Kyokai wrote:
The Digital Package is just for Devastation and its related parts.

This is the core of my question. What counts as a related part and what goes under extended content? Things seem to have gotten muddy as the kickstarter has exploded, and the fact that I got conflicting answers shows that I'm not the only one who isn't sure what the digital download includes.

Edit for clarity: I don't expect any physical components with a digital add-on, but will the files to craft the extended content be provided?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
You can use the Pledge Calculator to figure out how to get the digital download plus all the add-ons that you specifically want.

The problem is that the pledge calculator doesn't list the alternate character cards, and it just says that the alt art is included "with pledges including Devastation." Does that mean any pledge that includes Devastation, digital and physical, or just physical?

Sorry to press the matter so much, but I don't want to infer these things. I want them laid out as explicitly as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
marble rabbit wrote:
The problem is that the pledge calculator doesn't list the alternate character cards, and it just says that the alt art is included "with pledges including Devastation." Does that mean any pledge that includes Devastation, digital and physical, or just physical?

I understand. Here's how things will be delivered for PnP Editions:

Everything that is in Extended Edition (standups, alternate characters, patch to War, and so on) will be available as part of the Print and Play as well. If you get a Print and Play, then you'll get print and play versions of these cards. If you get a physical box, you'll get physical versions of these cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for explaining that, Brad. I was pretty sure that I understood the intent of it all, but I was getting mixed up in some of the wording and having trouble just keeping it all straight. The whole thing has just gotten so huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.