Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
How are they similar, how are they different?

When you end a mission in Andor, you don't carry those stats or items over to the next adventure. Do you have character continuity in M&M or RC?

Some of the adventures in Andor are quite replayable. Is that the case with RC and M&M?

Any other comments would be super, even if beyond these three games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played these, but I love good co-ops. After looking at the games you own, I humbly suggest taking a look at Gears of War: The Board Game. It's a skirmish level co-op that is friggin' hard to win. Plays solo fine, too. Here's some useful info:

---In the base game, you don't carry stats over from one mission to the next. There is sort of a build up from the first scenario to the last (and apparently even more so if you get the print on demand addition). But to be clear, it's not a campaign or anything.
---The A.I. works extremely well and is really smooth. It really feels like the baddies are operating themselves, much more so than in the D&D board games like Castle Ravenloft (and I say that as someone who really likes those games)
---It's definitely NOT a game where you just blast through a dungeon crawl to get to the end. You'll get your rear handed to you if you try that. In fact, the only times I've won (whether solo or with my son), I've had to retreat and go backwards at least twice in order to wait for a more advantageous path to open up (or to try and pluck off less enemies at once).
---Your actions are card driven, so part of the game is managing a hand of six cards. Some folks like this, some don't (I like such mechanics if they're well done), so be warned.

I'm sure there's much more to say about it, but I just tried to get enough down for you to determine whether or not it's worth your time to look into more deeply.

Sorry I can't say anything about the 3 specific ones you mentioned. I guess I can at least say that Mice and Mystics is on my wishlist and radar for sure, and Andor has caught my eye more than once. After reading some reviews on M&M, I'm fairly certain I'm going to ask if I can get it for my birthday in March
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
How are they similar, how are they different?

When you end a mission in Andor, you don't carry those stats or items over to the next adventure. Do you have character continuity in M&M or RC?

Some of the adventures in Andor are quite replayable. Is that the case with RC and M&M?

Any other comments would be super, even if beyond these three games.

I'm not sure if your stats change in M&M, but you pick up equipment you get to carry to other missions as you progress. I'm pretty sure there is talk about expansions above and beyond the included missions as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.