Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Trace Amount: Let's Make Some Noise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noise has always been my pet runner deck. I've been tweaking it all evening and I'm getting sick of looking at it, which I figure means it's about time to get some outside thoughts.

Programs (21)
Corroder x2
Mimic x2
Femme Fatale x1 (1 inf)
Yog.0 x1
Zu.13 Key Master x1 (2 inf)
Crypsis x1

Djinn x3
Datasucker x3
Imp x3
Parasite x2
Medium x2


Hardware (7)
Cyberfeeder x3
Grimoire x2
Dyson Mem Chip x2


Events (7)
Sure Gamble x3
Deja Vu x2
Special Order x2 (4 inf)


Resource (10)
Armitage Codebusting x3
Liberated Account x2
The Helpful AI x2 (4 inf)
Aesop's Pawnshop x2 (4 inf)
Ice Carver x1


In the interest of not contaminating the feedback, I'm going to leave this without (meaningful) comment. I have a list of cards in the deck I like the least. Let's see how many we agree on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
There is a Trace Amount forum...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
Avatar
mb
BoShek wrote:
There is a Trace Amount forum...


At what point to we draw the line with that though? If you have WLA and Trace Amount cards in your deck where do you post your decklist?

As far as the decklist: Only 2 Parasite? That is like one of the best Anarch cards there is.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have thought about where to post when subscribing to the other netrunner bgg forums. At some point it's going to split strategy discussion every month when a new set comes out. I wouldn't mind having all strategy discussion in the main forum. The game is still new, and many concepts discussed, even with the new cards, can help any player.

Anyway, on with the deck..

Cards I disagree with: Femme Fatale, Keymaster, The Helpful AI.

Anarch already has the best icebreakers combined with the synergy of its viruses, which you're running plenty of. (Also +1 Parasite)

The Helpful AI is too much influence and the +2 strength is nice, but you won't need it with parasites, datasuckers, and ice carver.

If you're concerned about link, put in +3 rabbit holes.

So, here are some suggestions to start off with:

- 2 The Helpful AI ****
- 1 Femme Fatale *
- 1 Keymaster **
- 1 Datasucker

+ 3 Rabbit Hole ***
+ 1 Ice Carver
+ 1 Parasite
+ 1 Yog.0


It's not an even exchange, I know, and you have 4 influence free to think about. But I think this is a good start to edit your deck.



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brett wagner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
No Imp.. insanity.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monawhat wrote:


Cards I disagree with: Femme Fatale,


So the corp rezzes a Tollbooth, what do you do, now that you cant answer it by special ordering a femme fatale? Yog only gets through it with datasuckers, and if the corp wipes a bunch of virus counters and has tollbooths on a couple different central servers it can be game over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
BoShek wrote:
There is a Trace Amount forum...


At what point to we draw the line with that though? If you have WLA and Trace Amount cards in your deck where do you post your decklist?

As far as the decklist: Only 2 Parasite? That is like one of the best Anarch cards there is.


And also, dude has WLA cards in the list too... the base forum seems appropriate enough.

On topic: Soooo...it seems like this deck is meant to: A) Mill/trash stuff with viruses/Imp/Noise ID and, alternatively, B)be able to break into R&D and run rampant with Medium, with some assistance from The Helpful AI, Cyberfeeder, and a variety of icebreakers that you may or may not get. It seems solid, but I feel like your rig is rather unpredictable with this setup. Sadly, I've had a few too many beers tonight and don't have the wherewithal to provide a solution for you. Maybe in the morning.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
monawhat wrote:


Cards I disagree with: Femme Fatale,


So the corp rezzes a Tollbooth, what do you do, now that you cant answer it by special ordering a femme fatale? Yog only gets through it with datasuckers, and if the corp wipes a bunch of virus counters and has tollbooths on a couple different central servers it can be game over.


I agree. Tollbooth is probably one of the worst ice to see as Anarch, and when building an Anarch deck you have to consider it. Femme Fatale is one solution, and it's one I use for shaper and criminal. But for Anarch I feel they're too cash strapped to make special ordering a femme fatale the top solution. And if you're running Wyldside, then you're giving up a lot of tempo and credits.


In my experience on OCTGN, where everyone seems to splash Tollbooth, rezzing 3 tollbooths across all central servers is rare. If it does come to this, then two parasites on one tollbooth + ice carver or wyrm/crypsis can take care of it. The corp would have to purge viruses every turn for it to not die. As long as there's a hole in one central server then tollbooth is rarely a problem.

The other problem, which I've started another thread on, is how to deal with Archers.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely. My Anarchs deal with Tollbooths either by paying 3, datasucking, and getting by with Yog, or copious use of Parasites and Ice Carver. Deja Vu is good here for recycling those Parasites, and Djinn for finding them in the first place.

Personally, I think Forged Activation Orders is awesome in Anarch decks. Find an Ice you think is big, and either the Corp pitches it (YAY, destruction), or they rez it (Double YAY - now it's Parasite bait without having to run it). Total win-win situation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
galathonredd wrote:
Definitely. My Anarchs deal with Tollbooths either by paying 3, datasucking, and getting by with Yog, or copious use of Parasites and Ice Carver. Deja Vu is good here for recycling those Parasites, and Djinn for finding them in the first place.

Personally, I think Forged Activation Orders is awesome in Anarch decks. Find an Ice you think is big, and either the Corp pitches it (YAY, destruction), or they rez it (Double YAY - now it's Parasite bait without having to run it). Total win-win situation.


I really like Forged Activation Orders with Anarch. It can be ice trashing or a forced rez for parasite bait. Most importantly, it gives information.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoShek wrote:
There is a Trace Amount forum...


And it should never be used because it's stupid to split posts among what will eventually be dozens of separate forums. It only has a forum at all because of the weird way BGG lists LCG packs.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
BoShek wrote:
There is a Trace Amount forum...


And it should never be used because it's stupid to split posts among what will eventually be dozens of separate forums. It only has a forum at all because of the weird way BGG lists LCG packs.


I started another thread over in the TA forum about NOT splitting posts into a million forums.

That no one here has seen it says perfectly clear that posts should remain centralized at Netrunner core instead of a million expansion forums.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
As far as the decklist: Only 2 Parasite? That is like one of the best Anarch cards there is.


I know, but I feel that way about half the cards in the deck. I guess I could see maybe -1 Datasucker +1 Parasite if I'm playing Helpful AI. The third Parasite is definitely the next card to come in, though.

monawhat wrote:
Anarch already has the best icebreakers combined with the synergy of its viruses, which you're running plenty of. (Also +1 Parasite)

The Helpful AI is too much influence and the +2 strength is nice, but you won't need it with parasites, datasuckers, and ice carver.

If you're concerned about link, put in +3 rabbit holes.

So, here are some suggestions to start off with:

- 2 The Helpful AI ****
- 1 Femme Fatale *
- 1 Keymaster **
- 1 Datasucker

+ 3 Rabbit Hole ***
+ 1 Ice Carver
+ 1 Parasite
+ 1 Yog.0


Honestly, what I like about the card is its flexibility. I definitely want to see it in action before abandoning the card as "too much influence". Rabbit Hole is definitely the alternative.

sleepybrett wrote:
No Imp.. insanity.


I guess 3 is the new 0?

Alexfrog wrote:

So the corp rezzes a Tollbooth, what do you do, now that you cant answer it by special ordering a femme fatale? Yog only gets through it with datasuckers, and if the corp wipes a bunch of virus counters and has tollbooths on a couple different central servers it can be game over.

Strey wrote:
On topic: Soooo...it seems like this deck is meant to: A) Mill/trash stuff with viruses/Imp/Noise ID and, alternatively, B)be able to break into R&D and run rampant with Medium, with some assistance from The Helpful AI, Cyberfeeder, and a variety of icebreakers that you may or may not get. It seems solid, but I feel like your rig is rather unpredictable with this setup. Sadly, I've had a few too many beers tonight and don't have the wherewithal to provide a solution for you. Maybe in the morning.


Yeah, I really tried to hedge against a lot of things, so I wound up in some situations where I have a number of cards that kind of do similar things in different ways. I'm trying to broaden the range of things against which I have answers, but accepting that more of the time I'll have B+ answers instead of A answers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monawhat wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:
monawhat wrote:


Cards I disagree with: Femme Fatale,


So the corp rezzes a Tollbooth, what do you do, now that you cant answer it by special ordering a femme fatale? Yog only gets through it with datasuckers, and if the corp wipes a bunch of virus counters and has tollbooths on a couple different central servers it can be game over.


I agree. Tollbooth is probably one of the worst ice to see as Anarch, and when building an Anarch deck you have to consider it. Femme Fatale is one solution, and it's one I use for shaper and criminal. But for Anarch I feel they're too cash strapped to make special ordering a femme fatale the top solution. And if you're running Wyldside, then you're giving up a lot of tempo and credits.


In my experience on OCTGN, where everyone seems to splash Tollbooth, rezzing 3 tollbooths across all central servers is rare. If it does come to this, then two parasites on one tollbooth + ice carver or wyrm/crypsis can take care of it. The corp would have to purge viruses every turn for it to not die. As long as there's a hole in one central server then tollbooth is rarely a problem.

The other problem, which I've started another thread on, is how to deal with Archers.



I'm not running Wyldside in this deck, and as Anarch decks go this one has a stronger economy than most. Femme Fatale is in this deck for Tollbooth and Archer both.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely like FAO, but what would you cut for it?

monawhat wrote:
galathonredd wrote:
Definitely. My Anarchs deal with Tollbooths either by paying 3, datasucking, and getting by with Yog, or copious use of Parasites and Ice Carver. Deja Vu is good here for recycling those Parasites, and Djinn for finding them in the first place.

Personally, I think Forged Activation Orders is awesome in Anarch decks. Find an Ice you think is big, and either the Corp pitches it (YAY, destruction), or they rez it (Double YAY - now it's Parasite bait without having to run it). Total win-win situation.


I really like Forged Activation Orders with Anarch. It can be ice trashing or a forced rez for parasite bait. Most importantly, it gives information.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night you finally convinced me that I need to spend my influence on the Pawnshop. I was re-working my deck last night and it looks like we're starting to converge. I can't decide if that's good or bad.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wyrm + parasite (+ stimhack if ur in a rush) can destroy tollbooth ok. It costs you, but well worth it in the long run. In fact, para (1 counter) + wyrm costs 7 to destroy + 3 cred toll (plus cost of para). Cheaper with any carvers or suckers you can throw at it. Seems reasonable considering tollbooth is 8 to rez anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
monawhat wrote:


Cards I disagree with: Femme Fatale,


So the corp rezzes a Tollbooth, what do you do, now that you cant answer it by special ordering a femme fatale? Yog only gets through it with datasuckers, and if the corp wipes a bunch of virus counters and has tollbooths on a couple different central servers it can be game over.


Isn't that what Parasite is for?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radynski wrote:
Last night you finally convinced me that I need to spend my influence on the Pawnshop. I was re-working my deck last night and it looks like we're starting to converge. I can't decide if that's good or bad.


If two people watching what works and what doesn't in the same games don't at least somewhat start to converge, I'd be worried about one or both of them.

(not that I'm not...)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redking wrote:
wyrm + parasite (+ stimhack if ur in a rush) can destroy tollbooth ok. It costs you, but well worth it in the long run. In fact, para (1 counter) + wyrm costs 7 to destroy + 3 cred toll (plus cost of para). Cheaper with any carvers or suckers you can throw at it. Seems reasonable considering tollbooth is 8 to rez anyway.


I can't tell you how much I hate Wyrm as a card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Aubuchon
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:
monawhat wrote:


Cards I disagree with: Femme Fatale,


So the corp rezzes a Tollbooth, what do you do, now that you cant answer it by special ordering a femme fatale? Yog only gets through it with datasuckers, and if the corp wipes a bunch of virus counters and has tollbooths on a couple different central servers it can be game over.


Isn't that what Parasite is for?


Parasite can't be your answer to literally everything. You only have so many of them. I'll give you that I should find room for the third Parasite somewhere, but even when I was running 3 I never really felt comfortable that I had enough ammunition against Tollbooth/Archer. Since those are the two cards I'm most afraid of, more outs to them is more better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think about Sacrificial Construct? Of all the runner factions, I feel like Anarch is most debilitated by Program destruction. But that said, I keep trying to work it into my deck, and then end up cutting it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
This is my first time following an LCG. I just thought that as the game comes out, the discussions would follow thusly. Therefore the main one (this one) would be where the game was talked about initially and where general Netrunner topics would be discussed. Then, as the meta moves on, we would talk about the game in the different packs as it shifts. But I suppose since that would split up topics and since this wasn't "announced" anywhere that people would still post here despite some poeple having moved on to the next set. So I won't bring this up again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
radynski wrote:
What do you think about Sacrificial Construct? Of all the runner factions, I feel like Anarch is most debilitated by Program destruction. But that said, I keep trying to work it into my deck, and then end up cutting it.


I run Sac Constructs in my Criminal deck, which runs minimal breakers and can't afford to lose any. Anarchs, especially virus anarchs, have SO MANY programs that any one is usually not so vital. That said, Archers still hurt, but I don't think they are a big enough threat that you need to devote 3 card slots to protecting a program or two.

Here's my Noise deck to compare:

Events:
3 Sure Gamble
3 Modded (6 inf)
2 Deja Vu
1 Stimhack
3 Easy Mark

Resources:
2 Aesop's Pawnshop (4 inf)
2 Liberated Account
3 Wyldside
1 Ice Carver

Hardware:
3 Datafeeder
2 Grimoire
1 Plascrete Carapace

Programs:
2 Corroder
2 Mimic
2 Yog.0
1 Crypsis
3 Imp
3 Parasite
3 Datasucker
3 Medium
2 Djinn

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
aubiewankenobi wrote:
Redking wrote:
wyrm + parasite (+ stimhack if ur in a rush) can destroy tollbooth ok. It costs you, but well worth it in the long run. In fact, para (1 counter) + wyrm costs 7 to destroy + 3 cred toll (plus cost of para). Cheaper with any carvers or suckers you can throw at it. Seems reasonable considering tollbooth is 8 to rez anyway.


I can't tell you how much I hate Wyrm as a card.


Wyrm is an anytime Datasucker. Just purged all virus counters? Get that money and off a Parasite'd ice anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.