BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Question: Old Carrom Football Board Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: the [+] unmentionable [+] [View All]
Terry Dumerauf

Donahue
Iowa
msg tools

My wife inherited a Carrom board from her father: 1940's. My question is on the rules. The board is what they call an SP - "Sport board", 1939-1941, baseball/football on other side. Does anyone know where I can find the rules for the football side. I have found the rules for the baseball side on the Carrom board site, but the football rules are not there.

RedRyder
Terry

OK.... Where is all the Experts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oy. Hopefully somebody else has better "Google-fu" than I do, because it looks to me like you may be up a creek :/

All I can find is a reference from Carrom.com mentioning that it's a "very scarce" board, but nothing anywhere on rules other than a couple of other people out there asking if they exist...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
Oy. Hopefully somebody else has better "Google-fu" than I do, because it looks to me like you may be up a creek :/

All I can find is a reference from Carrom.com mentioning that it's a "very scarce" board, but nothing anywhere on rules other than a couple of other people out there asking if they exist...

fail here too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Dumerauf

Donahue
Iowa
msg tools
Looks like the rules are scarcer then the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Dumerauf

Donahue
Iowa
msg tools
Still no Rules as of 9-15-2013 and still looking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Dumerauf

Donahue
Iowa
msg tools
Still no Rules as of 11-23-2014 and still looking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you asked the company? There's probably someone over there who is something of a historian and keeps old documents for customers who ask.

Pete (does that job for his company)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Dumerauf

Donahue
Iowa
msg tools
Pete
I know this is an old Post, but I will still answer your question and hope you get it.
Yes, I have contacted the Carrom company and they do not have those rules for the SP board Football side. In fact they said if I find them please contact them so they may have a copy. I have located the rules for the Baseball side but, As of 3-27-2016 I still have not found the Football side rules, or any one who knows how to play the game.
Thanks for the reply
Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Davis
United States
Mukilteo
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Terry,
I sent a response to your wife on ALLEXPERTS.COM with some contact information of someone that may be able to help you. Good luck!
Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Dumerauf

Donahue
Iowa
msg tools
My wife says she sold the collection back to Carrom, and Dawn at Customer Service said they could find no rules for the football side.

Thanks Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.