designer
mbmbmb
BGG WW Attendees:
PeteVasi - Yes (Fri-Sat, Hyatt)
miraria - Yes (Wed-Sun)
Jeremiah_Lee - Yes
Raid1280 - Yes (Sat)
HanClinto - Yes (Wed-Sun, Crowne Plaza)
worshipsf - Yes (Thurs-Sun, Board Room Ribbon, Crowne Plaza)
clockworkd - Yes (Thurs-Sun, Board Room Ribbon, Crowne Plaza)
Tiny3Ears - Yes (Thurs-Sun, Board Room Ribbon, Crowne Plaza)
clydeiii - Yes
StatSig - Yes (Wed-Sun, after work hours on weekdays, Crowne Plaza)
mmazala - Yes
Avin - Yes (Saturday)
bkarrigan - Yes (Fri eve-Sat)

Vox_Dargard - (probably?)
Dispaminite - (Kidnapping plan is a go! GO!)
Sigafoos - (maybe? needs convincing?)
ChickenSedan - (Nope, working)
ThatFedoraGuy - (Nope, has to work)
jageroxorz - Probably not
dbmurph - In spirit (housed in HanClinto's spare phylactery)

Links:
Official site: http://www.originsgamefair.com/
2013 Onsite Book
2013 Event Guide

Meetup:
PeteVasi wrote:
So, for us, I was thinking of grabbing a section of the Open Gaming area and picking a time for all of us to get together and play some Werewolf with each other.

Saturday, 4:00pm, Open Gaming area (Terrace Ballroom 4) - BGG WW Gathering

I'd like to start a bit before dinner because I know some people are up for Saturday only and might need to head out early enough to make a long drive home that evening. Those of us interested can all head out to eat around dinner time then too. After dinner, we'll probably re-convene around the same place for more gaming goodness.

BGG WW Dinner:
Saturday Evening, some time, some place
worshipsf, clockworkd, miraria, PeteVasi, ThatFedoraGuy, Avin

Games:
Bringing:
Pete - Werewolf, Ultimate Werewolf Artifacts, The Resistance, Two Rooms and a Boom, Tichu, Dune?, Loopin' Louie, Oriente, Intrigue... (more on request, take a look at my owned list and ask)
miraria - The Resistance: Avalon

Want to Play:
Pete - Werewolf, Two Rooms and a Boom, Letters from Whitechapel (Does someone have this and want to teach it?), play all the things!
StatSig - Challenges Pete to Loopin' Louie!

PeteVasi wrote:
Pete's quick guide to Origins and WW:

Day Pass - What I've done in year's past. Quite cheap ($10/day or $15/"family"/day). Will get you into the expo hall and around the open gaming areas all day SATURDAY ONLY.

Full Pass - Same as the day pass, but lets you buy tickets for other events.

Library ticket/ribbon ("Board room ribbon") - Allows access to the CABS game library room. They have a large selection of games available to borrow and play. They were using flags/cones on tables last year signifying "we need someone to teach us this game" and "we welcome more pick-up players to this game". A lot of my game group hangs out here for most of the convention and they seem to quite enjoy it. I've heard it's pretty easy to get a group together for any game that you're interested in, or to just jump in on something new. I've never personally tried it.

Werewolf ticket/ribbon - Allows access to the "official" werewolf room. We visited it last year, but never bought a ticket in. It used to be sponsored by Looney Labs and used their Are You A Werewolf? cards. So, basic Wolves, Seer, Villagers. I think Looney dropped the sponsor, but I would bet there's not too many "advanced" games going on.

BGG Werewolf games - We tend to just find each other and get together to play Werewolf/Resistance/etc games in the evening. We don't have a set place we meet up, nor a set organizer. No tickets needed.
PeteVasi wrote:
Update: looks like Day Passes are now a Saturday-only thing. So, viable if you're there for one day, but not if you're there for multiple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be able to say for sure for a while. I would love, love to go, but logistics may conspire against me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
If one person has a library pass, can they score games for their cheap friends?

Nope, though I had thought about that too. Library games stay in the library room. Only library ticketholders can enter the library room.

There are plenty of new games being demoed in the expo that you can sit down and play. You can spend around a whole day just doing that.

And then there's lots of open gaming area, and I'll likely have a trunk full of games available. Open for requests too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
Sigafoos wrote:
If one person has a library pass, can they score games for their cheap friends?

Nope, though I had thought about that too. Library games stay in the library room. Only library ticketholders can enter the library room.

In general the library pass (called a "Board Room ribbon") is pretty expensive ($20 or so?), but it's mitigated somewhat by the fact that they give you a free random game for having this ribbon. Sometimes the games are pretty sweet, and sometimes they're kindof "meh", but it's sortof a $20 raffle ticket that ALSO gets you access to a really sweet gaming library for a weekend.

And 2 years ago they were pretty strict about barring access to the Board Room if you didn't have a pass, but last year they were MUCH more lax about it. Ribbon holders couldn't borrow games, but they didn't police nearly as much as the previous year, so some of our non-ribbon-holder friends were actually able to game in that room with those of us who did have ribbons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting a new job in Feb, so it depends on available vacation and wife stuff, but I want to go. I can drive, I think it's only like 6 hours away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so jealous I won't be around this year for this. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there wed through sunday so you can add that to the schedule

If someone doesn't have avalon I will get it and bring a copy. Would love to play it with you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My spirit will be there. It will need to be housed somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
My spirit will be there. It will need to be housed somewhere.

I'll bring my spare phylactery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (She/her)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribing and keeping it in mind, but it's less "needs convincing" and more "needs a job and to pay down a lot of credit card debt resulting from the move and cancer-cat." So we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to go. Need to convince my wife it's a good idea. Maybe I'll find a way to cAmp to save money or something.

Columbus is so close to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just registered (full pass + board room ribbon) and booked our hotel as well (Crowne Plaza). Planning to be there Thurs - Sun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody do the Educator Hall Pass? I'm trying to work out if I qualify. I do at Gencon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Anybody do the Educator Hall Pass? I'm trying to work out if I qualify. I do at Gencon!

Are you doing Gencon?
I'll be there this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I am dreaming of a year that I don't have to miss gaming conventions anymore! sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laladien wrote:
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

Are you doing Gencon?
I'll be there this year!

I've gone the last 3 years. We should talk when it gets closer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

I have a friend that did for the last few years. This is the first year he won't be able to because his teaching certificate expired. but thats what he always had to show-teaching certificate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

I have a friend that did for the last few years. This is the first year he won't be able to because his teaching certificate expired. but thats what he always had to show-teaching certificate.

Ahh, I'm a Director of Education at a museum. Experiential learning doesn't carry a certificate, but I guess I could haul my diploma...

All I have to show is my business card at Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
miraria wrote:
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:

Ahh, I'm a Director of Education at a museum. Experiential learning doesn't carry a certificate, but I guess I could haul my diploma...

All I have to show is my business card at Gencon.

I would call and ask the organizers. A lot of the vendors give educator discounts too so if you do get an educator badge don't forget to ask when you buy something! Some of the vendors are pretty generous for educators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
also-for those that have never been before there is a food court attached to the convention center. its about the equivalent of a 2 block walk to get there from the main hall but the walk is all indoors. the food is decent for food court food.

but only one block away from where the main hall is there is a . . . I don't know how to describe it. It's almost indoor market like but with more permanent vendors. And you can find a lot of good food in there. And Jeni's ice cream! YUM!

There are places to buy stuff to make yourself but theres a lot of prepared food places. It's nice place to lunch. it's normally hard to get a seat though, so if you can go at not peak lunch hours thats usually better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
but only one block away from where the main hall is there is a . . . I don't know how to describe it. It's almost indoor market like but with more permanent vendors. And you can find a lot of good food in there. And Jeni's ice cream! YUM!

North Market... Their website is having trouble so here's the Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
miraria wrote:

That place is faaaaaantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
xandryyte wrote:
miraria wrote:

That place is faaaaaantastic.

thanks for the link xand!

yes, it is great. and if you get a chance to try wheatgrass pear at jeni's don't pass it up. I promise it's worth the taste!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had more leave than I currently do. As is, I only really have enough for one con a year, and BGG.con is written into that blank in permanent marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only downside to the North Market is that they don't stay open that late, and have odd weekend hours. I've gone there several times hoping for yummy food only to be greeted by locked doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.