Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Elgin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had received my copy several weeks ago via kick starter. The box looked so shiny when I opened it. I immediately opened it up and checked out all the components. It was very well put together and the box still has room. (expansion action!)Unfortunetly work kept me from putting it on the table right away.

I finally got a Saturday off and headed to my local game store. My friend Patrick, an avid gamer and I set down to play a two player set up. Setting up was very easy. I have read the rules several times so we started to try and track down Dr. Lobo. It was Rocko and Nika out to save the world, again. Rocko started off very lucky and his secret mission was just around the corner from his starting location. Nikia didn't fair so well. She had seduction advance skill and kept trying what she thought was seduction but obviously was not. She ended up in a dumpster at least twice. Rocco on the other hand not only kick some major butt, he also liked to tie people up and impersonate them. I though that we had this game without any problems. We had at least 6 in the intel pool. We hard a hard time upping the location track to bring the end game. In the end Dr. Lobo slipped through our hands but we shall try and try again.

Excellent game. We were playing in a crowded game store and got many laughs as we read our encounter aloud. Can't wait to see it on the shelves.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jay. Dr. Lobo is a slippery devil. I will give you a hint for next game: His biggest weakness is that he is too concerned about his hair. Appearances. You might catch him off guard if you put him in a room full of mirrors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Elgin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. I have to say this game feels really balanced. At first we thought we were kicking butt then out of no where the henchmen showed up and crushed us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Elgin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a second game with 5 players. Thank you for putting in rules to add another player. I still had a great time but a few of the players didn't like the pace. I guess they were looking for something different. I love hearing the stories. As a matter of fact one of the players changed a few of the stories to keep up the role playing. We still lost miserably but we had a great time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the instructions do warn that the game drags a bit with 5, which is why it says 1-4 on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've enjoyed my first two plays (a mangled solo one at first, and a better one with 3 players), but the initial difficulty seemed to turn off the other two players. What sort of win/loss ratios do other folks seem to be getting?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to ease up the difficulty level for the initial games, without obvious "cheating" or breaking any rules? My first thoughts (not to do all of these, but to try one "rule-bending" per game):
-increase starting advanced skills from 2 to 3 (would help pass tests more frequently)
-ignore tests that require 2 positive results (the [2] tests) and just require 1 gun for all of them
-start with some Top Secret cards that essentially grant extra resolve

Any thoughts or suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:
I've enjoyed my first two plays (a mangled solo one at first, and a better one with 3 players), but the initial difficulty seemed to turn off the other two players. What sort of win/loss ratios do other folks seem to be getting?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to ease up the difficulty level for the initial games, without obvious "cheating" or breaking any rules? My first thoughts (not to do all of these, but to try one "rule-bending" per game):
-increase starting advanced skills from 2 to 3 (would help pass tests more frequently)
-ignore tests that require 2 positive results (the [2] tests) and just require 1 gun for all of them
-start with some Top Secret cards that essentially grant extra resolve

Any thoughts or suggestions?

We've been seeing about a 50/50 ratio overall, but that is OVERALL, which means we've gone from losing 2 in a row to winning 2 in a row.

Our house rules, or "rule bending" if you prefer, is when you reach intel overload you get to keep one intel on the board and you get to decide which one it is. The Director had some agents watching the location and so you know that intel hasn't moved. The second is for having devastating success during an encounter. If a player rolls successes on all of their dice(when rolling two or more), then you get to randomly take one of the Dr. Lobo track advancements and discard it, moving the advancement back the corrected number. It doesn't happen a lot when you get to do this but its exciting when it happens, especially when you're on the brink of losing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Elgin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice mods. I will have to try them in my next 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lanzing
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dewman wrote:
Nikia didn't fair so well. She had seduction advance skill and kept trying what she thought was seduction but obviously was not. She ended up in a dumpster at least twice.

How eerie. It's like she's living my life!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.