Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions for this quest:

1. It states that the Cardinal can only be attacked by zombies. Can traps be used on him when he's moving? Technically, they are not monster attacks. So, I'm guessing, yes.

2. Can Cleansing Touch (remove condition from a hero) be used on the Cardinal to remove an immobilized condition? Cleansing Touch is a boost to Prayer of Healing. However, the quest details say that the Cardinal can only be healed via the alter. Since Prayer of Healing restores health, is the Cardinal a viable target?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. Yes

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madhatter wrote:
Two questions for this quest:

1. It states that the Cardinal can only be attacked by zombies. Can traps be used on him when he's moving? Technically, they are not monster attacks. So, I'm guessing, yes.

2. Can Cleansing Touch (remove condition from a hero) be used on the Cardinal to remove an immobilized condition? Cleansing Touch is a boost to Prayer of Healing. However, the quest details say that the Cardinal can only be healed via the alter. Since Prayer of Healing restores health, is the Cardinal a viable target?

Uh oh. What do you have in store for us Matt? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh nothing... just asking a couple innocent questions. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Putrino
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhatter wrote:
Oh nothing... just asking a couple innocent questions. whistle

Sry but I'm not thumbing this, just beacuase it's complete BS!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barghests

It seems in the spirit of the encounter that their howl ability would not affect Cardinal Koth. However, strictly speaking, howl is a non-attack ability, and the quest details say that Koth can only be attacked by Zombies. It doesn't say he can't be damaged by a non-attack method. So, thoughts about whether it is permissible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Niewiadomski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is not described in the Quest Guide, that Cardinal may not be healed from alignment by some means (like most NPC's are described, not healable by any means), I think you may heal him from the condition.

He may still be targeted by healing abilities, he just can't restore health from it if it's described in Quest Guide that way.

And for the howl, I would say, yes, he may be damaged by howl. If the Guide doesn't state, that he may not be damaged by other monsters, but specifically states, he may not be attacked (howl not being an attack, it's written in the Rulebook what an attack is), I don't see any reason why not to howl him to death.

Maybe, just with a slight chance, encounter was designed the way, that nothing other than zombie may interact in any harmful way with the Cardinal, and that not being able to heal mean not being able to remove conditions, but... Just another example of bad wording and lack of detailed explanation (that would make the game's manual twice as large).

But giving an example for the theory of being able to howl and heal conditions, you may have as many objective tokens on figure as you like, as long as the quest's description states there is any limit, so in Fat Goblin first encounter you may pick all the crop with one goblin (if I recall there was no limit mentioned, we had this question last time I played). It's exactly as described (or rather not described) in the Rulebook.
The no-limit theory (that without rule in the Quest Guide, there is no limit to number of objective tokens carried by one figure) was confirmed by Justin Kemppainen, and for me, it was rather weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent replies. Thanks, Christopher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take us to Dave Con 4! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.