Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not a verbatim clone of the command center, but adds some martian CC-zombie functions?

Never seen, or played either, but reading up on the two is somewhat tiring.

I like the theme of Zombies better but the game play in Martian more especially the Martian's command center. There looks like a lot of expansions to LNoEtZG but man I don't want to have to read all those reviews on top of what i have already read.

Please don't tell me to buy both and mix them.

Does one of the Zombie expansions give that player "more to do", speed them up, or is this just beating a dead horse, err zombie, because zombies are just slow by nature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Calow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Several of the zombie cards give you the opportunity to "speed up" your zombies temporarily, and as your opponent doesnt normally see your cards its always a surprise when they do.

If you manage to kill a hero and bring it back as a zombie hero they get to move d3 spaces as standard.

Cant say what the expansions might have as not acquired those yet (Growing Hunger is due to be delivered by end of the month )

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The LNoE expansion Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger gives the zombie player more to do by adding a point-based system wherein, before the game, the players can add things to each side for a certain number of points (the points, when equaled for both zombie and hero sides, will balance out roughly speaking). This gives the zombie player options like grave weapons and plague stuff. Later expansions do indeed add new cards to both hero and zombie decks. However, there isn't really anything analogous to the Martian Control Center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Survival of the Fittest and Zombies with Grave Weapons give you new types of zombie to field, each with special abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.