Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm a Kamen Rider fan since 1971. I'm think of making a strategy game based on the first generation Kamen Riders. I will use a point to point system map of Japan (like Pandemic). The Kamen Rider players must cooperate to stop the evil plots of Shocker player before it's too late (like Middle Earth Quest). What do you think? Anyone classic Kamen Rider fans here?

The map would be like this:

Some counter samples:

Some card samples:

Any ideas are welcome.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Game page is up. Check here for more information.cool

No Kamen Rider fans here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Japan, I've been told that Kamen Rider is usually for children and their mothers. At least in regards to the new series', with their action fight scenes, toy marketability and handsome young male actors.

By using the older series' you can pick up on the nostalgia of it, which I think is a plus. And from what I've seen of Kamen Rider (which, I admit is very little), the older series' would make for more mechanic possibilities, as the new Kamen Rider series' seem to be more about one on one battles.

I've not played Middle Earth Quest, so I don't know how those mechanics work.

From the description it's a little vague for me to imagine how the game will pan out. Seems interesting though.

Did you come up with the game to match the theme, or the theme to match the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. The main purpose of making this game is to retrieve the nostalgia feel of classic Kamen Riders.

I always dream of making boardgames based on my favorite TV shows in childhood: Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and Mobile Suit Gundam. After making an Ultraman-theme game (check here) and a Gundam game (check this), I decided to make one for Kamen Riders. It's not easy to create a good mechanic for it. The project is pending until I played MEQ recently. I found the mechanics of MEQ fit the Kamen Rider theme. So I started the project a couple of days ago. But not all systems in MEQ can fit into the KR game. The KR game is still in early stage. I need more ideas from other Kamen Rider fans.

I think it's not easy to get Kamen Rider fans here, even in this forum. I'm glad that you shared something about Kamen Riders with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Enzan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice theme. I so much prefer this setting then middle earth.Such efforts should be extolled. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.