Thumb up
2 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tormentor ghosts on neutral player board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
karl smith
msg tools
My wife and I just played our first 2 player game with 2 neutral boards but 1 thing we were not sure about was the neutral boards turn if they had a ghost with the tormenting ability.It says in the rules that on a neutral boards turn you should
1=Perform ghost actions (so this would mean advancing any haunters and rolling the curse die if applicable for tormentors but my question is who actually takes the damage if any from the curse die)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
flag msg tools
The neutral board takes the damage. Each neutral board starts with 3 qi.
Rulebook wrote:
Neutral boards start the game with 3 Qi tokens. They may lose them but never get them back.
For each Tormentor on the neutral board, a player must roll the Curse die and apply its effect for the neutral board (the green Taoist’s power is ineffective for this die roll). Remark: if the curse die indicates „loss of Tao tokens“, you are lucky as this has no effect on a neutral board.

If the neutral board runs out of qi, then it becomes possessed, and follows the usual rules for a possessed board (same as a dead player).
Rulebook wrote:
A neutral board that has lost all Qi tokens is called „a possessed board“, Its specific power cannot be used anymore through neutral power tokens.

Any further loss of Qi points (i.e. board overrun or tormentor) must be endured by a player of your choice (the green Taoist’s power is ineffective if Qi loss is due to the curse die).
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.