Zombies at the door» Forums » General

Subject: Any chance of putting this on Artscow? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KRAMPUS
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks really cool. I would love to have professionally printed cards for it. Any chance you can put this on Artscow?

Yes, I know it would take 8 decks for the full set, but there are plenty of discount codes out there to get the cost way down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hello,

Thanks for the idea, I hadn't heard of them!!

I will check into them today and see what it takes and how much the cards will cost.

I tried using Print & Play Productions "the one advertised on BGG" and I didn't really like to cards that he ended up sending me. He uses a Stack Cutting and a lot of the cards didn't line up correctly when he cut them so they are off center and don't look very nice. Also, the card stock is not as thick as I thought it should be. Plus, to print out 400+ cards at the full size ended up costing $75, which included cutting, corning, and shipping. This is too much and I have to find someone who is much cheaper. This is why I created the smaller cards which are cheaper to print and easier to play with on a normal sized table.

I've also looked into The Game Creators and I'm seeing what it would take to get my cards, rules, and mats put up on their site or have the full game put together in a sellable state.

I will post the info once I have it.

Thanks again,

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KRAMPUS
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 decks on Artscow will run about $80 plus shipping, but don't let that put you off. There are plenty of 25% off plus free shipping codes out there for Artscow, cutting the cost down to around $60.

For 400 cards, that's not too shabby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If you're really interested in getting the cards done right now you can use the small printed PDF sheet I uploaded!

Now that I have the PDF's of the small printed cards, I was able to print all 12 sheets double sided in color at Office Depot for $28!! Now mind you that was with my own paper, which was 120 lbs stock with gloss on both sides!!! Since I have been doing a lot of testing with the cards and graphics I purchased a full bundle from Kelly Papers! This was a bundle of 200 sheet that were 12"x18" 120 lbs glossy on both sides. It ran me $40 total, which is pretty good since it ends up being 20 cents a sheet for 12"x18"!!!! Office Depot didn't even sell this stuff and their normal 11x17 sheets run aobut 55 cents a sheet.

The 12x18 paper is great because you can print the entire 11x17 with no white spacer border around the edge!

The bumber is you have to cut the cards!

I will be working hard on seenig who will do the entire game: rules, cards, and mats for as cheap as I can get them in a complete bundle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bass
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try Printer Studio. The large format cards are nearly perfect for their bridge sized cards (http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/bridge-size-custom...) and the small format is pretty close to the mini cards (http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/custom-blank-playi...). Assuming 480 cards, the bridge size would run around $50 and the mini would run around $30. This would require only 3 different decks of 162 or 160 cards each.

Either option would ship free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This could work out pretty well!! I took a look and I can custom the front and back for the small and large cards. It will take awhile to create each card but I think with some time I can get these worked out.

I will let everyone know if and when I get all the card setup and available for print.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bass
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. I think the cards as is will work for Bridge sized decks. That might save you some effort.

Although you might want to touch up the card images to remove the water marks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.