Hide
4 Posts

Utopia Engine» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bracelet of Ios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
issac springfield
msg tools
I noticed in the rule book it says that the bracelet of Ios gives one additional energy to God's Hand for every day that you cross out on the track. But on adventure sheet #2 it says that the bracelet of Ios adds one energy to the God's hand construct every time you activate an artifact. Which one is right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned that to Nick back in August '11, but I can't seem to find his response.
Brian Coppedge wrote:
Bracelet of Ios:
The rulebook and adventure sheet disagree about what this does. I favor the adventure sheet's "+1 to God's Hand whenever you activate a Construct". It's worth up to 2 days if you get it early, compared to upwards of 6 if you get an energy point every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
issac springfield
msg tools
Thanks for responding so quickly! I think that your decision to choose the "+1 to God's Hand each time you activate an artifact" makes the most sense. If the Bracelet of Ios could get you 6 days extra time, it would be way overpowered compared to the other treasures. The version in the rule book is probably just a remnant of an earlier idea he had for the bracelet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is wrong. As you guessed, it was an earlier version of the Bracelet's ability. The adventure sheet shows the correct text.

I'll have to go back in there and make that correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.