Popular Tags: poker_chips [+] [View All]
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a code for 10% off... but it's only going to work for the next few days (expires 7/18/14): hot10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the coupon code Brian.

When I checked shipping costs on Saturday night, it was ~$10 for the first set then $5 for the each of the the next 3 sets. Got a fews buds interested in going in...then when I went to order the shipping had gone up
Oh well still got 2 sets for 36.87 shipped. A fair enuff price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
It Matters Not What You Fight
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought two sets at $10 a piece. New code is august5 for 5% off. About $9 shipping FedEx ground.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inquisitor Eisenhorn wrote:
Just bought two sets at $10 a piece. New code is august5 for 5% off. About $9 shipping FedEx ground.

Thanks.
I bought two sets a while ago (when this was first posted) and they are spectacular. I can't believe I used to play without them.

Pete (has used them so far for Saint Petersburg, Acquire, Top Race, and Power Grid)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Cantrell
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's awesome that this thread is still helping people out, I think this was one of my first few posts on BGG.

Still have my mini chips, still in great shape and getting lots of use!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djthree6t wrote:
It's awesome that this thread is still helping people out, I think this was one of my first few posts on BGG.
I link to it when I see the question come up, rather than trying to have the same conversation again. I even have it linked in my profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone found a different seller of these chips? One that does ship abroad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anybody by chance travelling to Germany any time soon ? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stedman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
INCOMING TRANSMISSION on KickStarter now!
badge
Magic Meeple...the boardgame people! MagicMeepleGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Discountpokershop no longer has this product

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endymian wrote:
You make me feel smart for buying two!

Pete (was worried about that)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stedman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Endymian wrote:

Update for anyone else that (almost) missed this boat:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/300pc-7-gram-suited-travelers-mi...

list price is $11.44 (not much more than discountpokershop) but the shipping costs are pretty high. I still got away with two for only about $44, which isn't much more than I would have paid for the Late For the Sky travel kit on Amazon ($35 listed) paid with paypal for privacy. Looking forward to using these! James Ernest personally recommended this kit to me for design a year or so ago at a con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Endymian wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Endymian wrote:

list price is $11.44 (not much more than discountpokershop) but the shipping costs are pretty high. I still got away with two for only about $44, which isn't much more than I would have paid for the Late For the Sky travel kit on Amazon ($35 listed) paid with paypal for privacy. Looking forward to using these! James Ernest personally recommended this kit to me for design a year or so ago at a con.

Do your due diligence before buying from Rakuten. They've had issues over the last year of stolen credit cards and identity theft. Recommendations I read were to definitely pay with Paypal, but I've been too cautious to even try that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyur wrote:
Is anybody by chance travelling to Germany any time soon ? whistle
I will be there in October

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stedman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stlm wrote:

Do your due diligence before buying from Rakuten. They've had issues over the last year of stolen credit cards and identity theft. Recommendations I read were to definitely pay with Paypal, but I've been too cautious to even try that.

Waaay ahead of you there. I won't even consider sites like this unless I can pay with google wallet or paypal (and make damn sure it's https in the url)

BUT! Conveniently after my order was placed I got an email saying they had to cancel it because they are now out of stock.

Back to the drawing board. shake
Only other site I can find with this kit is: http://tegameschips3.weebly.com/store/p1/300pc_7_gram_Suited... but it looks sketchy...like, really sketchy.
Anyone else have any good leads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endymian wrote:
plezercruz wrote:
Endymian wrote:

That's saying it's sold out too now.

Pete (checked)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap MR
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pff and of couse i'm late to the party . I just found this threat and those mini poker chips look awesome! Too bad they're sold out cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also late to the party. I did a little research and found that the set is made by JP Commerce but they don't show the set in their products list.

Maybe if enough of us contact them they would produce more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal Green
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DareMachina wrote:
... is made by JP Commerce but they don't show the set in their products list.

I believe that's the corporate company for DiscountPoker.com as it is in the same location.

I'm local and picked up my sets from them in person and talked to the owner. He said at the time (8 months ago) that he had several hundred left but would not be restocking. I got the impression they weren't that popular relative to his other items. The outer case says made in China with imprint via Oakland Port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well damn, I've seen the JP Commerce on chips at Walmart so I thought I was on to something

Currently I'm building a small travel set which lets me play a bunch of games I've converted for it.

It's really a shame because this chips seem much better than any alternative I've come across for currency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Langston
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, I am at a loss. All the links in this post are SOLD OUT or dead ends. I have searched and can not find a place that has good quality miniature poker chips... Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrekin wrote:
So, I am at a loss. All the links in this post are SOLD OUT or dead ends. I have searched and can not find a place that has good quality miniature poker chips... Any suggestions?

Yeah, that sucks. Do keep in mind that the original post was nearly 2 years ago. These chips were available long before that as well.

I don't know of any alternatives. I wish I had bought 2 sets when I got mine a long while back.

If I do see anything close to these, I'll be sure to post here. One product possibly worth mentioning are the Meeplesource.com painted wood chips.

They have several products for currency and victory points that are small. Definitely not poker chips, but they're the only product that comes to mind that might serve as a replacement for some people.

EDIT: They do also have a mini poker chip set, but it is more expensive and doesn't appear to be as nice: https://www.meeplesource.com/products.php?cat=19
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Yeah, I've had this thread subscribed/bookmarked for years but never got off my butt to order them! Finally looked again after seeing they would be good as xp markers for Shadows of Brimstone, and of course they are sold out as of only a couple months ago.

Anyway, found a set on ebay and snagged it. And there is still one as of now:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

I'm also seeing a World Series Mini set that only seems to be on ebay. Anyone have experience with this set?

Edit: That listing doesn't mention they are mini-sized but this old one says they are "nickel sized":
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
THANK YOU! I jumped at the chance for that ebay set. I've seen the Meeplesource (They're also in Orlando) chips at a local game night and didn't like the feel.

I found the WSOP set on bestpokerstuff but they say the chips are slightly smaller than a quarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a set of the Meeplemart chips way back in the day, in the blue case, and a separate set of the numbered chips. I regret not ordering two sets. I wish they would sell them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so this is an old thread, but I have to ask if anyone knows where they can find chips like this anywhere?

Funny enough, this thread is what comes up when you Google mini poker chips, and the OP link is dead -- even the site doesn't seem to have anything on there. As I Google around, I can't seem to find anything apart from MeepleSource, but I like the look of the OP ones.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |