Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hy,
i would like to know if it somebody knows a way to get replacement parts for the big and the small Korean version of Gemblo. I haven't lost anything, just want some to use as borders for the embedded smaller areas.
Thanks in advance
FH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Kim
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Please let me know what you need exactly.
I will do my best to help.

best,

Jacob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pm send

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sent an email to Wisemen Games but haven't heard anything back. I bought the game new from my local game store and it was incomplete. Here is the email that I sent:

I bought a copy of Gemblo from my local game store. I've been rather excited to get a copy since I had missed the kickstarter. Unfortunately, as my friends and I opened and inventoried the pieces, it was found that the red pieces were short by two pieces. All other colors had 18 pieces and the red had 16 pieces. We managed to play a three player game with the pieces we had, but we were not able to play when our player count went up. It also doesn't help that I tend to prefer to play red.

I am hoping to be able have this issue solved since my local game store did not have any other copies to exchange mine with. Please let me know what additional information you may need from me to resolve this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a gm the other day from Justin Oh that he will attend the Spiel in Essen this year, and he will bring some extra pieces for me to purchase since i have a special need there (some multiples of a single piece and so on) He wrote before that if you send him a gm or email, he could send you replacement parts, but the postage may be an issue...
Hope it helped
Flashhawk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also buy extra colors and the gemblo expansion (cards only) from the BGG Store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'll GM Justin Oh, then. I'm not going to Essen, so it's a matter of whether I'm just going to get any customer support at all or not. My FLGS won't offer a refund to me unless I contact the company first for support. If they're not responsive or cannot help, then they'll refund the money. I'd hate to do that since I actually enjoyed the game and would prefer to actually have a complete copy.

a1bert wrote:
You can also buy extra colors and the gemblo expansion (cards only) from the BGG Store.

I considered this, but I'd rather not feel that the only choice that I have is to buy extra components for a brand new game in order to make it complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Squiv wrote:
buy extra components for a brand new game in order to make it complete.

Right, that's why the also in my comment.

I think it was worth it to pay the few dollars for a color that can replace the clear one from the base game. The clear pieces do not work that well for us, possible because of lighting issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:
buy extra components for a brand new game in order to make it complete.

Right, that's why the also in my comment. I think it was worth it to pay the few dollars for a color that can replace the clear one from the base game. The clear pieces do not work that well for us, possible because of lighting issues.

I feel the same way about the clear pieces. I'll probably pay for more color choices, but still... RED is my color! Plus, it's the principle of it all. It's a little disconcerting that I've heard nothing from anyone for any customer support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thought I'd follow-up on this. I never got any replies at all. I contacted Wisemen Games via email from their website, from their Kickstarter page, and messaged them through BGG. I got absolutely no replies.

I didn't want to return the game to the store. I wanted to play Gemblo, so I ended up buying the extra colors from the BGG store.

I like the game, but I've got to say, I'm highly unimpresed with Wisemen Games and their customer support. Lately, I've had great dealings with Rio Grande Games and Red Raven Games on helping me out in replacing parts that arrived damaged or helping me replace missing pieces. Their support was fantastic.

I don't know if anyone else found any similar issues in having incomplete pieces from a NIS set. If so, good luck. You'll never hear from the publishers and if you really want to replace those pieces, you'll just have to buy additional colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Squiv wrote:
Thought I'd follow-up on this. I never got any replies at all. I contacted Wisemen Games via email from their website, from their Kickstarter page, and messaged them through BGG. I got absolutely no replies.

I didn't want to return the game to the store. I wanted to play Gemblo, so I ended up buying the extra colors from the BGG store.

I like the game, but I've got to say, I'm highly unimpresed with Wisemen Games and their customer support. Lately, I've had great dealings with Rio Grande Games and Red Raven Games on helping me out in replacing parts that arrived damaged or helping me replace missing pieces. Their support was fantastic.

I don't know if anyone else found any similar issues in having incomplete pieces from a NIS set. If so, good luck. You'll never hear from the publishers and if you really want to replace those pieces, you'll just have to buy additional colors.

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear it. Just got my copy in the mail today and I'll be sure to check for missing parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Blazur wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear it. Just got my copy in the mail today and I'll be sure to check for missing parts.

I hope that you or anyone else doesn't have the issue I had. And for the record, still no word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kuch
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I just ordered my copy and got it last night. I'm missing a green piece and a purple piece, a single and a double. I'm quite disappointed as well, since that means I HAVE to use the other 4 colors, which includes the 'clear' color which is hard to see. I enjoyed the game, but am severely disappointed with the missing pieces. I hope I can get some sort of response, but my hopes aren't too high based on this thread. Thanks for the updates Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Artrean wrote:
I just ordered my copy and got it last night. I'm missing a green piece and a purple piece, a single and a double. I'm quite disappointed as well, since that means I HAVE to use the other 4 colors, which includes the 'clear' color which is hard to see. I enjoyed the game, but am severely disappointed with the missing pieces. I hope I can get some sort of response, but my hopes aren't too high based on this thread. Thanks for the updates Mike.

Well, back in August of last year, I got a geekmail from Justin Oh, FINALLY getting back to me. He directed me to email him. I described which pieces I was missing and even took pictures to make sure it was fully understood. A month later, I got my replacement pieces. So, there still may be hope for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.