Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Josef
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Identity:
Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Total Cards: (45)

Event (9)
Deja Vu (Core #2) x1
Forged Activation Orders (Core #20) x2 ****
Infiltration (Core #49) x2
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Vamp (Trace Amount #21) x1

Hardware (13)
Cyberfeeder (Core #5) x3
E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount #24) x1 **
Rabbit Hole (Core #39) x2 **
Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead #2) x2
The Personal Touch (Core #40) x2 ****
Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount #28) x3

Program (13)
Crypsis (Core #51) x1
Datasucker (Core #8) x3
Imp (What Lies Ahead #3) x1
Mimic (Core #11) x2
Morning Star (What Lies Ahead #4) x2
Yog.0 (Core #14) x2
Djinn (Core #9) x1
Parasite (Core #12) x1

Resource (10)
Compromised Employee (Trace Amount #25) x3 ***
Ice Carver (Core #15) x2
Liberated Account (Trace Amount #22) x3
Armitage Codebusting (Core #53) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 45
Criminal: 9
Shaper: 6

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 46
Criminal: 9
Shaper: 6

This is the version of my Whizzard deck that I use while playing on Octgn. The only real changes are an extra Datasucker and Ice Carver, as well as taking out the Special Order if favor of the E3, as the deck really had no way of effectively dealing with a rezzed Janus otherwise, and finally I added a single Vamp for the late game.

Like my other deck it is very powerful in the mid to late game, as multiple sources of recurring credits as well Compromised Employees will essentially let you make runs without any credits in your credit pool due to the inexpensive nature of Anarch Ice-Breakers. The Forged Activation Orders/Infiltration and Imp let you trash any big Ice you come across in the early game, and the Vamp lets you get rid of all of those nasty unnecessary credits from you and the corp's credit pools, while still leaving you with all of the recurring credits you need to make your runs. Finally the Crypsis and Parasite are there just in case the Corp rezzes something too big for your breakers to easily handle.

So far I have a lot of success with this deck, it only really struggles against fast advance as they are able to either win or set up for the win before you are able to get your rig up and running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How well does it perform against traces? I imagine you can just break most of them, but if you're playing without much cash in hand, it seems like even three Compromised Employees (edit: and Dysons, obvs) wouldn't necessarily stop Draco, Ash, and TMI as possible sources of modem-induced brain damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Josef
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are absolutely right. That is why I generally hold off on playing spinal modem until after I have my rig set up and have seen whether or not the corp is running a lot of traces. If they are I will just hold onto the modem, and if not I play it. Even if they get me with a surprise trace (which is very hard, thanks to the Compromised Employees giving me money whenever they flip an ice) I will have already played all of the cards I need to. Usually once you get everything set up with this deck the cards in your hand are pretty much just used as damage sponges anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
Don't you find it problematic to get a full rig up and running? I really like your "lots of singletons" approach though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Josef
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not especially, I usually spend most of the early turns drawing/playing a card/drawing/playing a card, as aside from the icebreakers everything in the deck is fairly cheap and/or gets you money. Usually the corp will be able to score a couple of agendas, but once you have your rig up and running there is not much they are able to do to stop you. It plays a lot more like a Kate deck than your typical virus-y Anarch deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.