ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As far as I can see...I think I have everything i need from wave 1
(i doubt I'll make it out to any organzied play..it'll just be causal)

I bought 3 core sets and two of each ship (excpet for xwing...bought 1 of those)

so I have:
8 TIEs
4 Xwings
2 y wings
2 Tie adv

the only thing I can thin of is two more Ywings for that all y wing squad.

Is that second xwing expansion neccessary?

thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
ketchupgun wrote:
Is that second xwing expansion neccessary?

Only for a second one of the generic Astromech (R5?) that comes with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What, no TIE Advanced only squads?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I get this sinking feeling I got my bases covered...and there's ALWAYS room for more LOL

@ haslo....I'll be in switzerland in march. ehem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your bases are covered I'd say. It's ok to leave yourself a bit of room to pick up bargain basement deals in the future.

Personally I'd like to have enough ships to do full of whatever on both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Y-wing fan, so I'd encourage you to consider having 3 Y-wings in your collection... gives you more build options for the Rebs. Probably don't NEED 4 Y-wings though. But 3 is a solid option.

And no, with 4 X-wings already, you don't need to spend an additional $12+ to get that extra astromech card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you're more than set.

I've yet to find a squad I really like with more than 1 Y-Wing or TIE Adv, so I think having two already gives you some wiggle room. As much as I sometimes find the idea intriguing, I can't but help the 4x Y-Wing or 4x TIE Adv squads just have too many weaknesses.

You also don't need another generic R5 Unit (X-Wing booster), in my opinion, as it's only worthwhile on Y-Wings (to protect against "Direct Hits").

I'd vote for enjoying what you have and just waiting until Wave 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
I'd say you're more than set.

I've yet to find a squad I really like with more than 1 Y-Wing or TIE Adv, so I think having two already gives you some wiggle room. As much as I sometimes find the idea intriguing, I can't but help the 4x Y-Wing or 4x TIE Adv squads just have too many weaknesses.

You also don't need another generic R5 Unit (X-Wing booster), in my opinion, as it's only worthwhile on Y-Wings (to protect against "Direct Hits").

I'd vote for enjoying what you have and just waiting until Wave 2.

Agreed. I have 3 core sets and one of each wave 1 expansion (and an A-wing). I'm tempted to get another Y-wing so I can repaint it for Grey Squadron, but I doubt I'll ever put two Y-wings on the table. The only pilot I've ever put in a TIE Advanced is Vader, and I doubt that will ever change.

Similarly, I'm not sure how many A-wings I'll get. They're very maneuverable, but after they've spent their missiles, they're little more than an annoyance to an Imperial opponent. I can see using 2 A-wings (probably with Assault Missiles) to support two X-wings or an X-wing/Y-wing pair (perhaps Dutch + Ion Cannon + R5 Astro and a Rookie + Proton Torps?). On the other hand, I plan to get 4x TIE Interceptors because they provide the Empire with some much needed offense. Team them with Howlrunner + Swarm Tactics + Stealth Device and watch your opponent squirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.