Subject: Mercenaries' races? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arandor .
Netherlands
Helmond
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It occured to me... there are 16 Mercenaries in Shards of the Throne, and 17 races in the game.

Some of the Mercenaries' races I am fairly certain of:

52N6 - L1Z1X obviously.
Barudin - Jol-Nar.
Blake Stryker - Sol.
Daffren - Letnev.
Murrag - Saar.
R’una - Naalu.
Rhelat - Xxcha.
Sara Crane - Sol again.
Saygra - Hacan obviously.
Urrsik - Yssaril.

Not so very sure:

Felrey - Letnev? Mentak? (She looks a little pale.)
Hep’kuk - Nekro?
Kav’lik - Nekro?
Krevvil - uhm? could be Arborec?
Nolad - Yin? (Nolad the Nomad... with his capacity to transport more clones )
T’ugar - uhm? could be Yssaril?

I don't see any Embers, Ghosts, Mentak, Sardakk N'Orr or Winnu. Since Sol is "double" (Blake, Sara) 2 races should not be represented as Mercenary. Or 3 races if Hep’kuk and Kav’lik are both Nekro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Holden
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arandor wrote:
Felrey - Letnev? Mentak? (She looks a little pale.)
Hep’kuk - Nekro?
Kav’lik - Nekro?
Krevvil - uhm? could be Arborec?
Nolad - Yin? (Nolad the Nomad... with his capacity to transport more clones )
T’ugar - uhm? could be Yssaril?

I don't see any Embers, Ghosts, Mentak, Sardakk N'Orr or Winnu. Since Sol is "double" (Blake, Sara) 2 races should not be represented as Mercenary. Or 3 races if Hep’kuk and Kav’lik are both Nekro.

Well, Mentak is a coalition of the descendants of a penal colony, isn't it? So they can be just about any race that existed during the Empire. Hell, even if they aren't ethnically part of the Coalition, the Mentak are easily the most mercenary-friendly in their flavor.

Anyhow, the following conjecture is based entirely on naming conventions because I don't have the expansion with mercenaries (also, will be restricted to base game races). This'll be fun. laugh

Felrey- Really feels like it could go either way between the onse you mentioned. Mentak or Letnev.
Hep’kuk- Of the base races, definitely N'orr. They're the only race other than the Naalu who do the apostrophe thing, and the Naalu only use one-letter prefixes.
Kav’lik- See above.
Krevvil- "kr" and "il" being common (and pretty unique) letter combinations for the Yssaril, I'd have to say they're it. The double-consonant thing is also in just about every Yssaril name.
Nolad- Feels Xxcha to me. Or possibly Mentak.
T’ugar- Probably Naalu. Single-leter apostrophe'd prefix.

Once again, I must stress that these guesses came from the naming conventions I could recognize in the leaders. I haven't seen pictures of the mercenaries in question, nor do I know how the expansion races name their folk.

There, that seems disclaimed enough, I guess.

I might edit in my thoughts from having seen the Shattered Empire races once I get them in the mail later today...

EDIT: Yeah, Nolad seems like a Yin name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arandor .
Netherlands
Helmond
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jack of spades wrote:
Well, Mentak is a coalition of the descendants of a penal colony, isn't it? So they can be just about any race that existed during the Empire. Hell, even if they aren't ethnically part of the Coalition, the Mentak are easily the most mercenary-friendly in their flavor.

Yep, I'm leaning towards Mentak for her. After all, she definitely looks like a pirate gal to me.

Quote:
Anyhow, the following conjecture is based entirely on naming conventions because I don't have the expansion with mercenaries (also, will be restricted to base game races). This'll be fun. laugh

Felrey- Really feels like it could go either way between the onse you mentioned. Mentak or Letnev.

I go Mentak.

Quote:
Hep’kuk- Of the base races, definitely N'orr. They're the only race other than the Naalu who do the apostrophe thing, and the Naalu only use one-letter prefixes.
Kav’lik- See above.

Good call! Yes, I can see that. So the Norr are in. They love to fight, now they even get paid for it!

Quote:
Krevvil- "kr" and "il" being common (and pretty unique) letter combinations for the Yssaril, I'd have to say they're it. The double-consonant thing is also in just about every Yssaril name.

Hmm, so much more doubles than I thought.

Quote:
Nolad- Feels Xxcha to me. Or possibly Mentak.

Definitely, definitely not Xxcha. He looks too human, not at all turtle-like. And let's face it, Xxcha are turtles.

Mentak, maybe, but his abilities don't have any 'pirate vibe' to them. His name does seem a bit like that of the Yin, so my guess is Yin.

Quote:
T’ugar- Probably Naalu. Single-leter apostrophe'd prefix.

Hmm, maybe. Will look at the picture at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.