Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on a friend’s recommendation for a good family game, I’m going to pre-order this next printing. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten a board game through an online merchant. So my question to you is who gives me the best bang for my buck as a pre-order? What online companies are the better and more competitive ones today?

Also, is there anything else that I should be getting than the base game?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Story moments reading. Lost chapter. Maybee some extra dice? Depends on how large a group will be playing or how much you mind or not passing the dice around?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The PHG offers the two promotional cards, but is never offered at a discount.

The new batch of MIce & Mystics should be arriving any day now and will be in stock at all major online retailers and brick & mortar stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Story moments reading. Lost chapter. Maybee some extra dice? Depends on how large a group will be playing or how much you mind or not passing the dice around?

Are the dice available only at the manufacturer? Also, and pardon my lack of knowledge, what are story moments and lost chapter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Brian wrote:
Omega2064 wrote:

Are the dice available only at the manufacturer? Also, and pardon my lack of knowledge, what are story moments and lost chapter?
currently, the dice are only available through PHG, and they're sold out.

Story moments are parts of the game where players are directed to read a little bit if fiction that drives the story. Rich Sommer has recorded the entirety of the story moments that On my way! With the game. You can download ths recording from PHG for a small fee that is a charitable notation to the Jack Vassal fund.

Lost Chapters are additional scenarios available to download from PHG in PDF form. They allow us to explore side stories not told in the main story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Brian wrote:
It’s been a while since I’ve gotten a board game through an online merchant. So my question to you is who gives me the best bang for my buck as a pre-order? What online companies are the better and more competitive ones today?

You have to shop around and bear in mind the shipping costs as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it doesn't look like anyone has answered your main question (which online store to use), I'll take a crack. I recommend you check-out the following:

Coolstuffinc.com
thoughthammer.com
boardsandbits.com

They all have good prices and excellent service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
HA! Mike beat me to it! I would get the aforementioned extras at some point, but what you REALLY want is the base game. Mike picked my favorite on-line places and even put them in the same order I would.

Cool Stuff Inc. has become my favorite over the past several years. A box they shipped was lost in transit. They replaced it immediately after hearing from me that it had not arrived. Orders qualify for free shipping at a very reasonable amount and the selection is fantastic. Try them first!

Have fun with the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, and thanks Mike for getting to my original question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:

The new batch of MIce & Mystics should be arriving any day now and will be in stock at all major online retailers and brick & mortar stores.

Does PHG ever offer any promo codes such as free shipping or a discount off the original price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
Since it doesn't look like anyone has answered your main question (which online store to use), I'll take a crack. I recommend you check-out the following:

Coolstuffinc.com
thoughthammer.com
boardsandbits.com

They all have good prices and excellent service.

I would add
www.timewellspentgames.com

If the game is not available you can submit your email address to be notified when it comes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:

Does PHG ever offer any promo codes such as free shipping or a discount off the original price?
PHG does offer occasional discounts, but not in a manner that would compete with retailers. Retailers will usually have better deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Not sure where you live, but I was at the Compleat Strategist today in New York City and they had one copy on their shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nynick83 wrote:
Not sure where you live, but I was at the Compleat Strategist today in New York City and they had one copy on their shelves.

I'm close to NYC in northern NJ. I've actuallyu never been there. I have to make a trip one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
PHG does offer occasional discounts, but not in a manner that would compete with retailers. Retailers will usually have better deals.

Although the preorder was more than right in line with retailers considering PHG offered the promos as well. PHG seems to be doing more "get it a month early" versus discounts for preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:

Although the preorder was more than right in line with retailers considering PHG offered the promos as well. PHG seems to be doing more "get it a month early" versus discounts for preorders.

I am fine paying at the PHG site so I can get the promos but I am afraid by the time i save enough to purchase the game from PHG that the promos will not be given with the game any longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 http://www.coolstuffinc.com Fast shipping, excellent customer service and very aggressive pricing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
I am fine paying at the PHG site so I can get the promos but I am afraid by the time i save enough to purchase the game from PHG that the promos will not be given with the game any longer.

Colby has already stated that if something runs out they just make more. Since people buying the game will by default not have the promos, it is easy to just make as many promos as they have games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.