Subject: Kingdom connecting card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koert Debyser
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When two kingdoms have been connected and all conflicts resolved, the card that caused the connection is part of the new kingdom in the same way as all the other cards. This also means that a leader can be placed on this card (e.g. to avoid that the kingdom gets disconnected again).

Is this interpretation correct?
Or is a player not allowed to place a leader on such a connecting card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferran Badenas
Spain
Palma de Mallorca
Illes Balears
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I think this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can place a leader on a connecting card, you can also block the kingdom from being split up, right? If I recall correctly, when an external conflict is resolved, the losing kingdom loses all card in the color of the conflict, unless a leader is still sitting on that card.

So - connecting cards would be left in place. That's interesting.

The rules (I'm using the translation, since I have the German version) say:
"A player may place a leader on a vacant civilization card."

then it says:
"Leaders may also be placed on treasure cards*."

And then it says:

"This leader indicates that its owner can collect victory points in the color of the leader in this kingdom."

Under victory points it says:
"Always when a player places a card in a kingdom and there is a leader of the same color present in this kingdom, the owner of this leader scores."

So, to summarize:
1) A connecting card is a civilization card. (So are treasure cards* - they just sit at the top of columns - so that second point is really just to confirm, I assume).
2) Leaders collect victory points in kingdoms, NOT columns.

I think I had this wrong before - I was thinking it was constrained to columns.

So a leader placed on a connecting card, that isn't removed in an external conflict, keeps the kingom together, even if it would normally be removed.

For example, a green leader on a blue card that connects two kingdoms will keep that kingdom from being separated, even if that kingdom loses the rest of its blue cards, because the green leader would not be removed, and kingdoms only lose cards when there isn't a leader on the card.

Does it sound like I have this right?

Thanks!

Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Russell: I think you have it exactly right. That's how we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.