Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
One small question: Are the Errata counters important for the gameplay (eg. do the original counters have significant errors) or can one play this without really worrying about them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know precisely for this GatG, but my experience with the errata counters is that they are not significant game changers. However, sometimes, the wrong counters can create confusion, especially during setup. Looking for a 12-8 counter when there is an 11-8 in the original can be frustrating.

William
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
ElFluppe wrote:
One small question: Are the Errata counters important for the gameplay (eg. do the original counters have significant errors) or can one play this without really worrying about them?

Most of the errata are not game-affecting. It usually involves mislabeling a counter as belonging to one battle, when it belongs to another.

I would simply rundown the errata list and note the changes - I usually just use a fine-point pen to make corrections. Sometimes there is a change to the strength or morale on the counters, but very rarely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes people will give them away if they don't have the game. Be on the lookout for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Thanks guys, thats good news!
Now I can buy it with clear conscience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElFluppe wrote:

Per the July 7 errata, this is it:
(Correction) The Koniecpolski leader counter for Honigfelde should have a wing designation of R, not L.

(Correction) Breitenfeld: Alt-Piccolomini (A4-7) and Merode should have wing designations of L and not C.

(Correction) Lützen: The Henderson unit should have a wing designation of C, not L.

(Correction) Lützen: The O.H. Fugger unit should have a wing designation of Inf, not C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Dickerson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This errata itself needs errata. I just got a new copy of GAtG, and applied the errata changes to the counters, but...

The last item, attributed to Fugger (can't help snickering when I utter that name...), should say that that unit is in the Alte Veste game, not Lützen... Therefore:

(Correction) Alte Veste: The O.H. Fugger unit should have a wing designation of Inf, not C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.