Dimdim R
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
There seems to be a difference of opinion on that rule, so what do people think should be used in the tournament?
If you would rather see something else in this regard (not one of the choices below), please post your suggestion!
Poll
The rule in question is that when splitting stacks, the old legion marker should be kept on the bigger stack.
For discussion see https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/acts-tit..., tournament rules part 2.

What is the best rule to have in this regard?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
No rule
71.4% 20
Request to split this way (unenforced)
7.1% 2
Rule to split this way, warning for first violation, revealing the bigger stack for subsequent ones
21.4% 6
Voters 28
What would be acceptable to you:
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
No rule
82.1% 23
Request to split this way (unenforced)
39.3% 11
Rule to split this way, warning for first violation, revealing the bigger stack for subsequent ones
46.4% 13
Voters 28
This poll is now closed.   28 answers
Poll created by dim2a
Closes: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of these are acceptable. What I'd actually do is require it to be fixed (you can just edit the stacks to make them the way it should be, implicitly revealing all of the characters in it).

Revealing the characters isn't that big a deal because most of the time everyone else knows what you have and how you're splitting anyway.

I like the middle option the least (rules with no penalty associated are bad).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimdim R
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Any of these are acceptable. What I'd actually do is require it to be fixed (you can just edit the stacks to make them the way it should be, implicitly revealing all of the characters in it).

Revealing the characters isn't that big a deal because most of the time everyone else knows what you have and how you're splitting anyway.

I like the middle option the least (rules with no penalty associated are bad).

I'm not sure why fixing it is better than revealing the bigger stack. The reason for this rule is to not have to waste time tracing stack all the way to the beginning of the game to see where titan/original stack is (in person it's not an issue, as you usually keep track of opponent's titans... but in online game, after a day or two between your turns, you tend to forget).
Revealing stacks immediately removes the need to trace it back, as you just need to trace to the reveal point (which can be done with one search).
Did I miss why "fix that" would be better, given that it pretty much reveals the characters anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would let players split as they like, but require an announcement to all players if the old legion marker is not going on the biggest new stack.

One has to assume that everyone will be keeping notes anyway, at least when playing multiple online games at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.