Popular Tags: [View All]
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is. Dice are an immensely important part of gaming history. As such, we gamers need to show a little respect for dice... And do that by playing Bears!

This is often said as a cute, silly, quick and easy dice pairing game. But for those who enjoy some depth in their games- fear not (still fear bears, they are large animals).

At first glance I too thought this was going to be a fun no-brainer to ay when Zombie Dice didn't hit the spot. But after a few plays I realized this game is different. There are some strategic choices to be made- and made fast!

The mechanics are simple: roll a common pool of dice (camp dice) and each player rolls a pool of player dice. Then it's all revealed simultaneously and the players scramble to take the dice from the common pool to match their dice in different combinations. The results can earn you points, or lose points.

The trick is- you can break other player's strategy by taking the dice they need. The payoff in bigger points combos are the ones that can lose you points if certain symbols are left in the common pool at the end of the round.
So now we are rolling and re-rolling our dice, grabbing what we need, and what other players need, ad watching other people's pools too. All this happens in only a few seconds of play.

Is this still a fun and charming dice game? Of course. Is it surprisingly challenging and deeper than I thought? Yes and pleasantly so. This makes a nice addition to my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.