Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine have arrived - they are excellent. Not entirely sure I will use them but excellent all the same.

Now why couldn't Academy send out Wrecks and Destruction like this.

BGG can send out a product and post it to me cheaper than the Academy postage alone.

School Report

BGG - Well done A*

Academy - C- Must try harder

Cheers,

Nigel

UPDATE - Actually I've had a closer look and Monster Tanks is not a great name. I had assumed that they were all going to Maus, JS-3 types. But actually they are mostly sensible units. You can hardly call a Luchs, Matilda, Hetzer, Lee or Stuart a monster tank. So yes I will be making use of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The counter sheet is outstanding IMHO. I'm happy to see the Russian partisans, and the German motorcycle unit (two would've been cool). I'm very happy with what was offered, and Uwe has hinted that upcoming firefights will make use of the new counters.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Raines
United States
Edgewater
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the counters are very cool! Although, the anti tank dogs are a little disturbing being a dog lover. whistle66
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReenoTheRhino wrote:
Yeah the counters are very cool! Although, the anti tank dogs are a little disturbing being a dog lover. whistle66

Ditto. The one dog looks just like mine. Truth is, it's even more disturbing that the Soviets actually trained, and used (somewhat unsuccessfully), suicide dogs. The grim truth of history is far more off-putting than the manifestation of cardboard chits. I swear, I learn more about actual history through wargaming ephemera and books than I did in grade school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Ditto. The one dog looks just like mine. Truth is, it's even more disturbing that the Soviets actually trained, and used (somewhat unsuccessfully), suicide dogs. The grim truth of history is far more off-putting than the manifestation of cardboard chits. I swear, I learn more about actual history through wargaming ephemera and books than I did in grade school.

Well, military-history doesn't belong to school
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair point, but at least Wargames have improved my global geography!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apologies in advance - meant in jest.

Q - Why did God invent war?

A - To teach Americans geography

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lugburz wrote:
ReenoTheRhino wrote:
Yeah the counters are very cool! Although, the anti tank dogs are a little disturbing being a dog lover. :whistle::bd6-6::bd6-6:

I struggle to think of much in WW2 that was less disturbing than suicide dogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent reply John!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barr
United Kingdom
Ballyclare N.Ireland
Co Antrim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nigel

How did you order these from Geek Store

I cant get it to show Intl Airmail (only option is $1 UPS)

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.