Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have one question about card that gives move points and attack points...
For exemple swift reflexes (Wolfhawk card) : Move 2, Ranged Attack 3 or reduce enemy attack by 1.

If i used this card in my Movement Phase, could i use the Ranged attack during my Action phase.

In other words, can i use "Action point" during my Action phase if i play the card during the Movement Phase ?

I ask this because now Move Point can be playable during Action Phase but the point you get during your Movement phase doesn't count anymore in your action phase.
It seems unclear for the other way around when you play attack point during your movement phase.

Thanks to all for your answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Julien, you don't get all that stuff from this card
You have to pick just 1. (between comas)
So there is no point playing this card in movement phase.
And it also matter that you can't do this.
Any card played (except move points and influence points) is valid immediately.
You don't transfer anything for future (unless stated differently)
If you change phases (from move phase to action phase for example)
anything you had left is lost - heal points, move points etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So everytime there is comas, i have to pick 1 of the effect ?
It seem strange because some other cards are very explicit by using the word "choose".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Note the word "or"

It's a list with an "or" in front of the last item, which means it's only one of the list items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok... i suppose you're right. Some other cards would be very powerfull with my interpretation.
Thanx !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not the first one to be confused, the cards are poorly worded.

Yes, a list with an or at the end usually means 'pick one', but for clarity's sake I much prefer:

Choose 1: Move 2, Attack 3, or Block 2.

Note the clever lil' Oxford Comma in there too.

pk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
it's sad for a great game like this to let such doubt with the wording...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zulyen wrote:
it's sad for a great game like this to let such doubt with the wording...

You can have an apple, orange, or mandarin.

Obviously you cannot have all.

How is this poorly worded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In Mage Knight, the wording will be more like :
Apple, Orange or Mandarin.

Sorry but this is not clear...
This is not change the fact that i love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kuehl
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought about why the wording is this way, and I'm convinced that it's to save space on the cards. If you look at most cards that are worded this way, it's because they are extremely cramped and would need to be reduced to mice type to make them fit if they were worded more verbosely. Still, I agree that it can lead to some cards seeming very strange and unbalanced if you don't know how to read them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oxford comma FTW, yo.

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonios Asikoglou
Greece
Patra
flag msg tools
badge
GOD OF WAR
mbmbmbmbmb
I restore this topic to ask a question that is relative with a card SWIFT REFLEXES of Wolfhawk:

Can I transfer remaining points from the MOVE phase , at the combat phase and use them specifically for Ranged Attack?
(eg 2 points, the rest points of the MOVE phase + 1 Ranged Attack from card SWIFT REFLEXES = 3 points Ranged Attack).

Is that correct?

Thank you for your attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
antonioasik wrote:
I restore this topic to ask a question that is relative with a card SWIFT REFLEXES of Wolfhawk:

Can I transfer remaining points from the MOVE phase , at the combat phase and use them specifically for Ranged Attack?
(eg 2 points, the rest points of the MOVE phase + 1 Ranged Attack from card SWIFT REFLEXES = 3 points Ranged Attack).

Is that correct?

Thank you for your attention.

I'm not totally clear here, but you seem to have the same misinterpretation as the original poster.

With the basic effect, you choose one of the following:
- Move 2
- Ranged Attack 1
- Reduce enemy attack by 1

There is no way to get Move 2 and Ranged Attack 1. You can only have one. And there is absolutely no way to turn those Move 2 into Ranged Attack instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonios Asikoglou
Greece
Patra
flag msg tools
badge
GOD OF WAR
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably I did not write it properly to be understood.

I mean, I play the first card eg MARCH at MOVE phase , powered with green mana = 4move points, to move in a plain (cost 2 movement, so staying 2 balance), then the card SWIFT REFLEXES at combat phase, as RANGED ATTACK 1 (ranged attack a marauding orcs) and because it is special (with a corresponding symbol on upper left corner.) and according to the new rules of Lost legion, to take effect 3 RANGED ATTACK, such that the remaining points of the MOVE phase converted into RANGED ATTACK points.

EDIT: From what I saw again, at the card SWIFT REFLEXES, does not allow you to convert points MOVE from another card in Attack points, I thought it had a similar property (special effect) as the card AGILITY.
Therefore, the only use is RANGED ATTACK 1 and MOVE points of MARCH card are lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to point out (because I went to look for myself), that Wolfhawk's Swift Reflexes does indeed have the Oxford comma (the OP left it out), so it is technically clear you only get to choose one of the 3.

In conclusion: the game is still awesome, the writing is almost beyond reproach, and Oxford comma ftw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.