Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Morgan
United States
Hattiesburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies if this has been answered here before, but I was watching the World Finals video that was posted recently and the corp player moved a piece of ICE from one server to another as one of his actions, placing it in the outermost spot.

Is this legal? I've played probably 20-30 games on OCTGN and have never run into anyone doing this.

I'm assuming all install costs would remain the same (i.e. if you move it to a server with three pieces of ice already on it, you pay three credits to install).

Thanks for any help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Seretis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Pifecta wrote:
My apologies if this has been answered here before, but I was watching the World Finals video that was posted recently and the corp player moved a piece of ICE from one server to another as one of his actions, placing it in the outermost spot.

Is this legal? I've played probably 20-30 games on OCTGN and have never run into anyone doing this.

I'm assuming all install costs would remain the same (i.e. if you move it to a server with three pieces of ice already on it, you pay three credits to install).

Thanks for any help!

I watched that video 2 dyas ago, and I remember what you're reffering to.
In that case the corp just changed his mind and was able to move the ICE since he had just installed it, and it made no significant change to the game.
So no, you can't move ICE around except if a card (like Bullfrog) specifically says so.
He was just given a do-over if you like.

Also since this was the Icebreaker tournament and the game had just literally been released 2 days ago, the rules were a bit relaxed.Which would explain why after almost 2 hours of play, time wasn't called.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's Bullfrog - was it this ice maybe? It can do that:

It's not actually out yet though, it will only be available with A Study in Static, the fourth data pack of the Genesis cycle...

Edit, ninja'd, thanks and sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Morgan
United States
Hattiesburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I gotcha. It wasn't clear to me that he had changed his mind. Looked like it was being done as one of his actions. Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Seretis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
haslo wrote:
It's not actually out yet though, it will only be available with A Study in Static, the fourth data pack of the Genesis cycle...

Even if it was out by now, don't forget that the video was recorded at a time when only the core set was out.Which explains why HB wasn't playing Ash or Janus etc.

Pifecta wrote:
Okay, I gotcha. It wasn't clear to me that he had changed his mind. Looked like it was being done as one of his actions. Thanks for the clarification!

No problem, I actually found it a bit strange at first, and the commentators talking about something else didn't help out.
You can also see the relaxed rules, when the runner goes over his 4 MU's and only remembers to thrash his corroder later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
There's Bullfrog - was it this ice maybe? It can do that:

I do love this ice, can´t wait to have it in my corp deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.